• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

New DC - Tony White

Yep. That's the challenge with the 3-3-5. Having said that, switching to a 5-2 is pretty easy if you just sub in a couple of DTs.

From a recruiting standpoint, for whatever reason, Nebraska has been terrible at recruiting and utilizing traditional 4-3 DEs. The great ones are unicorns. But we shouldn't have much trouble recruiting more Hutmacher types. This defense allows us to get more big interior linemen and more hybrid speed guys on the edge. A power rushing attack presents the biggest challenge, but the 3-3-5 is deadly in 3rd down passing situations.
Fortunately we don't face many power rushing g attacks in the BIG

Seems to me I remember a new head coach years ago that hired a bunch of recruiters for his staff. Not sure people will remember who that was. I believe this coach asked one of those high school recruiting gurus whom he should hire. That particular staff didn't work out so well. I hope this one does. This one has a different feel based on the head coach.

Last edited:

Depends upon the competition. You can't run a straight 3-3-5 all season in the B1G. Our new coach will need to be a game-by-game strategist that employs multiple looks on the defensive side of the ball. I trust that he has the ability to do so until proven otherwise.
Think you can run the3-3-5 all season if you have the right personnel. A few Bobby Boucher LBs would make it work, although there may be a few personal foul penalties per game. :thumbsup:

This seems really underwhelming. Please help me get on board.
Let me help. Remember that just because you don’t know someone doesn’t mean he’s not good. Building a winning program is not going to be done through flash or sparkles. It is going to be a grind behind the scenes and hard work by the whole staff as well as the players. If that happens, it doesn’t matter that you weren‘t wowed by the hire.

Seems to me I remember a new head coach years ago that hired a bunch of recruiters for his staff. Not sure people will remember who that was. I believe this coach asked one of those high school recruiting gurus whom he should hire. That particular staff didn't work out so well. I hope this one does. This one has a different feel based on the head coach.
Past failures at Nebraska with previous staffs is irrelevant to the programs future success of failure. How Nebraska fares going forward will depend on the hard work of the current staff and the current and future players.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back