• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Top 3 coaches leading in NU search 9/20/22

No just rumors of termoil with him and staff. He also had problems with the media when at Penn State. Believe me, I only use a handful of pronouns. The same ones I used when I was five.
Relationship with the media at PSU was a rather unique challenge at the time he was there.

Relationship with the media at PSU was a rather unique challenge at the time he was there.
Everyone says that but it is total BS. At that point everyone was ready for a fall that never happened. Bill could not handle the best of times in Happy Valley and he certainly couldn't win very much there. Not only that but they were barely affected by the scholarship limitations that were eventually rescinded.

What a sucky list...we can do much better.

I refuse to read bleacher report. It's a bunch of op-ed trash. Don't worry your little heads. Some very big names not on this list have to turn us down first before we get to the 2nd tier.

Last edited:
Everyone says that but it is total BS. At that point everyone was ready for a fall that never happened. Bill could not handle the best of times in Happy Valley and he certainly couldn't win very much there. Not only that but they were barely affected by the scholarship limitations that were eventually rescinded.
I respectfully disagree. The media was out for blood. The situation itself and it’s effect on the football program was difficult to navigate. And the reason that “everyone says that” is because it’s true.

I think I would like to hire a 'man' maybe someone over the age of 50 and who can sport a mullet:

7–63–5T–5th (South)W Independence
2007Oklahoma State7–64–4T–3rd (South)W Insight
2008Oklahoma State9–45–34th (South)L Holiday1816
2009Oklahoma State9–46–22nd (South)L Cotton25
2010Oklahoma State11–26–2T–1st (South)W Alamo1013
2011Oklahoma State12–18–11stW Fiesta33
2012Oklahoma State8–55–4T–3rdW Heart of Dallas
2013Oklahoma State10–37–2T–2ndL Cotton1717
2014Oklahoma State7–64–57thW Cactus
2015Oklahoma State10–37–2T–2ndL Sugar1920
2016Oklahoma State10–37–2T–2ndW Alamo1111
2017Oklahoma State10–36–33rdW Camping World1414
2018Oklahoma State7–63–6T–7thW Liberty
2019Oklahoma State8–55–4T–3rdL Texas
2020Oklahoma State8–36–33rdW Cheez-It1920
2021Oklahoma State12–28–1
Not realistic, unfortunately.

He was with the Texans for 6 years, unless you’re referring to his collegiate tenure.

Under the same token then you have to deduct points from Leipold as well since he was only at Buffalo for 5 years, and if he left Kansas he would have only been there 2 years.

The same goes for Matt Campbell who was only at Toledo for 3 years.

You don’t NOT take the Prom Queen to the backseat if given the opportunity just because you don’t think she’ll end up marrying you.
He was with the Texans for 6 years, unless you’re referring to his collegiate tenure.

Under the same token then you have to deduct points from Leipold as well since he was only at Buffalo for 5 years, and if he left Kansas he would have only been there 2 years.

The same goes for Matt Campbell who was only at Toledo for 3 years.

You don’t NOT take the Prom Queen to the backseat if given the opportunity just because you don’t think she’ll end up marrying you.
You got me with the prom queen!

I think LL or MC would be in it for longer. Just my thoughts.

Personally I'd like to see Jim Leonard over Campbell or O'Brien as I feel like we see the ceiling with the other 2. Leonard might come with more risk but If we can't get Aranda or Fickell, I'm all in on Leonard.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back