• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Top 3 coaches leading in NU search 9/20/22

Good point on Aranda/micky/Busch. Probably the only way we keep Mickey. I’ve always liked aranda but a little concerned Baylor will match any offer.
You gotta watch those Baptists. They'll just pass the offering plate around one more time to get the money they need. Joking of course, born and raised Baptist so I'm entitled to joke about Baptists. The rest of you heathens on the other hand....

1. Luke Fickell
2. Mark Stoops
3. Dave Aranda
4. Sean Payton

That's my top 4.

I’m fully on board with Campbell.

I’m mostly on board with BOB.

I’m still in a wait and see with LL, but every week he’s looking a little better.

So far NU has not had much success with ex Iowa St coaches or ex NFL coaches. Just sayin.....

Great read. Touches on the coaching search at the end.

https://**************.com/2022/09/16/my-thoughts-on-the-dismissal-of-frost/?amp=1

Last edited:
I remember being a fan of Bill O'Brien after what he did at PSU. It was really impressive. I was much less impressed with him after watching "Hard Knocks" with the Texans. I can't exactly say why, I just know that was my impression. I so think he has more potential than the other two.

Campbell to me improves us to a higher spot in the B1G West, but he is not the guy to take us to championships. I see him getting us to the level of Minnesota, Purdue, etc. but not winning the west every year. I think he just essentially moves what he has done at ISU west. Can he beat Ferentz every year? We should be able to do better.

I know far too little about Leipold to make an informed decision, but I feel like we should be able to do better.

Guys like Meyer, Fickle, Aranda all seem like better choices to me.

He hasn't stayed anywhere for more than 5 years. I'm not looking for TO type commitment, but I really do think he wants to be in the NFL. He'd be here 2 or 3 years tops.

He was at GT and MD for minutes, ND for a year or 2, and then PSU for CFB experience. He did well at PSU given the circumstances but he doesn't have much CFB experience IMO.
He was with the Texans for 6 years, unless you’re referring to his collegiate tenure.

Under the same token then you have to deduct points from Leipold as well since he was only at Buffalo for 5 years, and if he left Kansas he would have only been there 2 years.

The same goes for Matt Campbell who was only at Toledo for 3 years.

You don’t NOT take the Prom Queen to the backseat if given the opportunity just because you don’t think she’ll end up marrying you.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back