• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Frost out; Mickey Joseph Named Interim Head Coach

In my 68 years on this planet there was never a better reason to give a stiff middle finger to the state I was born in and tell them good riddance. This is Harvey Perlman's doing after firing two 9-3 coaches. Nebraskans are a proud, but not very smart bunch. You have fired your way into oblivion and don't even know why.
1. Harvey & co. were idiots to fire Pelini after going 9-3.

2. Then in the meantime, we fired Riley for going 0.500. Pretty much no one disagreed with the decision.

3. No we've fired Frost for going 16-31.

Are you saying that the stupidity of #1 somehow calls into question the wisdom of #3?

Yeah, be interesting to see how MJ deals with our D prob.
"For all intents and purposes, the Scott Frost era ended Saturday night when Timmy Bleekrode’s 52-yard tying field goal attempt sailed wide left.
Georgia Southern, a Sun Belt program that moved up to FBS just nine seasons ago, took the lead in the final minute and upset Nebraska 45-42. NU was a 23.5-point favorite.
Nebraska’s offense was not the problem. The defense, however, allowed the most yards to an opponent in the 99-year history of Memorial Stadium!"

And Chin is still coaching?

Last edited:
It's interesting so many people are searching for blood. If you wanted Frost gone, he is. Let's think about the rest of the coaches and the players. How can we facilitate winning, it surely isn't bitchin, moanin and calling out current coaches. Players read this.

If I was Frost and underperformed that badly I would renegotiate down to the reduced buyout rate just out of embarrassment. But, I understand that contracts are contracts, agents are agents, lawyers are lawyers, and the world is greedy.

P.S. Not the post I thought I was replying to.
Still fits the narrative. Good post.

I didn't expect this at all, even if they lost yesterday. I thought the buy-out agreement would force a delay. I read that wrong, so I'll acknowledge my error there.

I have to think Alberts is doing this to try and give the players playing THIS season a chance to hit the reset and try to salvage their year. The irony is that the offense, despite being full of new players, new coaches, etc, was performing pretty well. They have been scoring at a good enough clip to expect to win their games.

I expect we'll see an overhaul of the defense. Is there anything that can be done on that side of the ball that will help THIS year?

That served what purpose?
Well, the thread is about Frost getting fired. So, I don't know but hear me out here. A tweet showing Frost leaving his office for the very last time might, just might, meet the criteria for posting in a thread about Frost being fired. But I'll make sure to run all my future posts past you to make sure they meet your standards for what should be posted in a thread.

I didn't expect this at all, even if they lost yesterday. I thought the buy-out agreement would force a delay. I read that wrong, so I'll acknowledge my error there.

I have to think Alberts is doing this to try and give the players playing THIS season a chance to hit the reset and try to salvage their year. The irony is that the offense, despite being full of new players, new coaches, etc, was performing pretty well. They have been scoring at a good enough clip to expect to win their games.

I expect we'll see an overhaul of the defense. Is there anything that can be done on that side of the ball that will help THIS year?
Yes. Zombie blitz EVERY D play :thumbsup:

Well, the thread is about Frost getting fired. So, I don't know but hear me out here. A tweet showing Frost leaving his office for the very last time might, just might, meet the criteria for posting in a thread about Frost being fired. But I'll make sure to run all my future posts past you to make sure they meet your standards for what should be posted in a thread.
Wasn't talking about you. Paparazzi type BS was all. Never found that to be acceptable. You can take that for whatever you would like.

Wasn't talking about you. Paparazzi type BS was all. Never found that to be acceptable. You can take that for whatever you would like.
Sorry, I interpreted your remark along the lines of what was the purpose did me posting that video. Again, my apologies since I obviously misinterpreted your comment.

I'll never forget the sense of letdown after Frost's opening game was shut down after so much anticipation. Little worked beyond. It's been like a long, drawn-out exclamation point to the end of an era. Ironically, we play Oklahoma next. Will that be the start of something new?

I'll never forget the sense of letdown after Frost's opening game was shut down after so much anticipation. Little worked beyond. It's been like a long, drawn-out exclamation point to the end of an era. Ironically, we play Oklahoma next. Will that be the start of something new?

Yes.

I have to be confident.....to remain sane.

Gotta hope so!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back