• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Frost out; Mickey Joseph Named Interim Head Coach

Wow . . . I knew Frost was gone, but was pretty confident Trev would wait til the buyout dropped. Color me wrong there. Got the news at intermission of Hadestown. Line for the men's room started buzzing about it and checked my phone.

Now that the nad-aid is ripped off . . . hope Mickey and what's left can make something out of it and Trev can score a great hire. Found it interesting that Trev made a bunch of comments about not looking to the past and what we've been--and just doing the little things right and having a plan to go where we want to be. Maybe a bit of a shot at Frost and living in the 90's too much?

Whatever. Sad for Frost and NU that what seemed like a marriage made in heaven turned to garbage. But it did. Next staff up and GBR!

:) Was at a grandson's peewee football game and the announcer said, "For those of you without phones, the University of Nebraska is accepting applications for Head Football Coach!"

I know this is pure speculatio, but what does TA do if Joseph goes 5-4 or 6-3 and gets a bowl game this year. Do you keep him as head coach or not?

ADYDiA8.png

m5ZizX9.png

Last edited:
Pelini would still have been coach if he hadn't constantly and consistently embarrassed the university in all kinds of ways at all kinds of levels. Turns out it may well be that the reason his teams did so well was because his brother was a really good defensive coach. At least that's what his subsequent record shows. He is currently unemployed while Riley, Solich, Callahan all have had good jobs coaching after leaving NU.

If this point was made already, my sincerest apologies....

Getting sick of hearing the self-righteous do-gooders screaming about the waste of money Frost's contract was and how much we will spend on the buyout. Ya, I get it, but I keep hearing about how it could've paid for this and that in other departments, buildings on campus, homeless, etc. etc. Fine, I get that too, but imagine what all of these things would be without the revenue machine that is Nebraska Cornhusker football.
Imagine the City of Lincoln without the revenue. Imagine the campus without football. The buyout is necessary to stop some of the revenue bleed and the potential to lose a hell of a lot of money if the program isn't revived. It may stink to high heaven to pay off Frost, but it's an economic necessity. Trev is doing the right thing.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back