• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Kudos to Frost

juju

The future starts now.
5 Year Member
HCSF deserves some credit. From watching these all these videos of players I think the team has definitely adopted his personality and swagger.

Offensively, previous assistant coaches didn't seem to have that "step on their throats and take their will" type mentality. These new coaches aren't playing around.

Raiola getting those OL attacking downhill will be key. If Raiola builds it, they will come (4+ star talent).

Frost has talent at both kicker positions so no excuses there for probably the first time he has been here with Busch (a proven multi position coach and top notch recruiter).

The offensive coaches and Busch seem much more aligned with Frost's persona. Coaches that are passionate about developing young men into Leaders.

May be wishful thinking but I can see 250+ rushing yard games with it being primarily RBs getting the yards. All with efficiently disecting a defense to multiple weapons in the pass game. We are starting to look like a team that can hurt you a lot of ways, all if the O line can open lanes and stop the pass rush.

A lot for Raiola but if he can line up with Frost's vision, I can see being a team nobody wants on their schedule. This team has some moxy. When the O line finally gets their's, I for one can see all gas no breaks mentality coming through on the scoreboard.

We got some dudes.

Kudos HCSF

HCSF deserves some credit. From watching these all these videos of players I think the team has definitely adopted his personality and swagger.

Offensively, previous assistant coaches didn't seem to have that "step on their throats and take their will" type mentality. These new coaches aren't playing around.

Raiola getting those OL attacking downhill will be key. If Raiola builds it, they will come (4+ star talent).

Frost has talent at both kicker positions so no excuses there for probably the first time he has been here with Busch (a proven multi position coach and top notch recruiter).

The offensive coaches and Busch seem much more aligned with Frost's persona. Coaches that are passionate about developing young men into Leaders.

May be wishful thinking but I can see 250+ rushing yard games with it being primarily RBs getting the yards. All with efficiently disecting a defense to multiple weapons in the pass game. We are starting to look like a team that can hurt you a lot of ways, all if the O line can open lanes and stop the pass rush.

A lot for Raiola but if he can line up with Frost's vision, I can see being a team nobody wants on their schedule. This team has some moxy. When the O line finally gets their's, I for one can see all gas no breaks mentality coming through on the scoreboard.

We got some dudes.

Kudos HCSF
Pre-season always looks great...we will know after OU week.

If we have as stark a turnaround is you lay out…. Frost gets all the kudos?
Seems as if frost has gotten out of the way from the sounds of it. From players and coaches, it is the assistants doing the heavy lifting. Yes some credit for making the hires from outside his hunting buddies after 4 years should be acknowledged, but that’s more of a cancellation for keeping them around while doing nothing but selling bottles of snake oil about how much better everything was, every day, every practice, every week…. Every year.

As for 250 yards a game on the ground… aint happening. Once b1g games roll around, I’ll be shocked if we go over 250 more than once/twice. Perhaps that’s what you meant, not necessary averaging that.

Frost as always had that “swagger” it’s simple not been backed up. If the players develop a swagger of there own I’m all in.

Last edited:

We got some dudes.

Kudos HCSF
Like the sound of all that. Hope you're right and it's not a new flavor of the Kool-Aid. ;)

Not with Whipple, IMO.

Pitt averaged like 130-150 yards on the ground last year?

I'd be pleased if we're hitting +120 rushing and maybe 150 passing.

If we're in the 275-300 ypg area, we wouldn't be losing games due to lack of offense.
Whipple has been variable over time . Part of it has to do with replacing Adrian Martinez rushing yards. CT isn't that guy. Mobile yes. Win a game with his legs no. Our Oline will have to run more from RB position. Letting the big guys eat with some runs will help them gel and not rely so much on suspect/inexperienced pass blocking.

I get the distinct vibe there is much more player ownership\involvement this season. It says something about the culture for winning games that has been a big part of the problem IMO. I also believe that some of the exodus via the portal were part of that culture problem.

Not with Whipple, IMO.

If we're in the 275-300 ypg area, we wouldn't be losing games due to lack of offense.
We averaged 430 yards per game last year, so you'd be happy with a 130 yard per game decrease?

If we have as stark a turnaround is you lay out…. Frost gets all the kudos?
Seems as if frost has gotten out of the way from the sounds of it. From players and coaches, it is the assistants doing the heavy lifting. Yes some credit for making the hires from outside his hunting buddies after 4 years should be acknowledged, but that’s more of a cancellation for keeping them around while doing nothing but selling bottles of snake oil about how much better everything was, every day, every practice, every week…. Every year.

As for 250 yards a game on the ground… aint happening. Once b1g games roll around, I’ll be shocked if we go over 250 more than once/twice. Perhaps that’s what you meant, not necessary averaging that.

Frost as always had that “swagger” it’s simple not been backed up. If the players develop a swagger of there own I’m all in.
It’s a no win scenario for Frost if he gets blamed for all the negatives but isn’t eligible for the credit for potential improvement. I think there would be enough joy to spread some credit around, but it would be kind of crappy to disqualify Frost from accolades.

Not with Whipple, IMO.

Actually, we'd be near the bottom of all of FBS at 275-300 yards per game. Only four teams out of 130 averaged less than 275 ypg last season. Only 12 averaged less than 300 ypg. That may have been solid in about 1953. ;)

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back