• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Kudos to Frost

One name,FS
One name, Fitz losing Hankwitz
We handed Fitz his most lop sided loss, now were we that good,or was he that bad?

LSU talent didnt save Bo

Going outside the Chip Kelly box will help SF, and the only way to happen is bring experience at doing something else.
If we take off from here, will it be seen as when TO switched his offense, or will Whip get some credit?
Bo could not coach LSU talent

I predicted 6-6 but I am toying with making a forecast upgrade of a win or two before the season, based on news reports of quality depth, new players at poisitions of need, maybe a competent special teams coach. etc. But really it's hard to know anything from preseason news reports.

My optimism is also partly just my personality and wanting to be "for" instead of "neutral" or "against". In my profession I have to make analytical predictions and be accountable when I'm wrong. One of the things I like about being a fan is I really don't have to.

We're less than 2 weeks from getting actual information. And 8 weeks from getting to play shadow AD on what Trev should do. Data is about to start roĺling in in waves. I'm happy to just wait and see.

I give Scott credit now for making bold changes, addressing some obvious areas of need, apparently figuring out how to play free agency pretty well, and creating optimism on the team despite the record.

Still though, none of that will matter at Trev's decision time. Past sins will be spilt milk, but Scott will need a solid winning record this year and a clear reason to expect to be in position to win the West within a year or two, or it will be time to move on, imo.

TL;DR - Rah! Rah! Go Big Red! Hard talk later.

Last edited:
I expect an 8-4 record from Scott this year, period, no excuses! We get an upset or two (OU and Wisky are in Lincoln), that could be 10-2.

If NU only gets 6 wins, I will consider that bad!

I agree you don’t get kudos for TRYING to clean it up. Which is where we are at right now. You do get kudos for ACTUALLY cleaning it up.
And the hype is strong every year. Even in year four which was the worst

Then given the demand to change coaches

Yeah Kudos SF for collecting another pay check for this year

You did well

Lol

I predicted 6-6 but I am toying with making a forecast upgrade of a win or two before the season, based on news reports of quality depth, new players at poisitions of need, maybe a competent special teams coach. etc. But really it's hard to know anything from preseason news reports.

My optimism is also partly just my personality and wanting to be "for" instead of "neutral" or "against". In my profession I have to make analytical predictions and be accountable when I'm wrong. One of the things I like about being a fan is I really don't have to.

We're less than 2 weeks from getting actual information. And 8 weeks from getting to play shadow AD on what Trev should do. Data is about to start roĺling in in waves. I'm happy to just wait and see.

I give Scott credit now for making bold changes, addressing some obvious areas of need, apparently figuring out how to play free agency pretty well, and creating optimism on the team despite the record.

Still though, none of that will matter at Trev's decision time. Past sins will be spilt milk, but Scott will need a solid winning record this year and a clear reason to expect to be in position to win the West within a year or two, or it will be time to move on, imo.

TL;DR - Rah! Rah! Go Big Red! Hard talk later.
Being forced to make those changes

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back