• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Northwestern

In my opinion the first game that ISN’T a must win is Oklahoma.
And even that, is a game that Nebraska needs to win. It’s at home, against a name opponent with a first year HC and a ton of turnover from last year. Plus, NU owes those dudes. This is the type of game that could really springboard Nebraska to new heights. Have to win a game like this, no better place to start than the dirt burglars.

We have:

- a #1 QB with bad thumb
- one of the worst OLs in the country got worse on paper
- an almost entirely new off coaching staff and new players that need to all figure out how to work together optimally
- lost many defensive veterans

7-5 will be a good season and many of those 7-5 scenarios include a loss to NW. To me that’s not must win. Will it be disappointing? Sure. Should we win? Yup.

In what scenario is NW must win? Going for the Natty? Ok sure but isn’t that bar set a little high? We can still lose to NW and win the B1G West and that’s like the tippy top 1% of expectation this year so I don’t see why it’s must win.

We aren’t there yet to call the first game of the season a must win. Set expectations for the team we have not the team we want.
#1 QB if he and his thumb proves it, Chubba and Smothers do exist.
OL coach from last year gone, on paper current O line near top of Big with new coach.
Its the players having to learn a new system, which isnt entirely new and this isnt the OCs first rodeo blending his offense.
What is proven about new coaches is how poorly the new DC for NW has done.
We will know how it plays out, but NW have their own mountains to climb

We have:

- a #1 QB with bad thumb
- one of the worst OLs in the country got worse on paper
- an almost entirely new off coaching staff and new players that need to all figure out how to work together optimally
- lost many defensive veterans

7-5 will be a good season and many of those 7-5 scenarios include a loss to NW. To me that’s not must win. Will it be disappointing? Sure. Should we win? Yup.

In what scenario is NW must win? Going for the Natty? Ok sure but isn’t that bar set a little high? We can still lose to NW and win the B1G West and that’s like the tippy top 1% of expectation this year so I don’t see why it’s must win.

We aren’t there yet to call the first game of the season a must win. Set expectations for the team we have not the team we want.
You’re clearly dreaming. Losing to Northwestern would be a catastrophic loss to yet another of the teams it should beat. I’ve not seen anyones scenario where losing to Northwestern would equal a 7-5 season. Is it possible, of course, anything is, but it’s damn sure not likely with a loss to them.

#1 QB if he and his thumb proves it, Chubba and Smothers do exist.
OL coach from last year gone, on paper current O line near top of Big with new coach.
Its the players having to learn a new system, which isnt entirely new and this isnt the OCs first rodeo blending his offense.
What is proven about new coaches is how poorly the new DC for NW has done.
We will know how it plays out, but NW have their own mountains to climb
O line is near top of what, hype cause that’s all we have seen.. nothing on the field

So we give the D coord one year? Is that the measurement at NW .. one year?

All teams are coming into this year with a mass amount of hope
Even tOSU hope the loss to Mich was a fluke and doesn’t happen this year

Each team has a vision . A vision without execution is a empty promise

O line is near top of what, hype cause that’s all we have seen.. nothing on the field

So we give the D coord one year? Is that the measurement at NW .. one year?

All teams are coming into this year with a mass amount of hope
Even tOSU hope the loss to Mich was a fluke and doesn’t happen this year

Each team has a vision . A vision without execution is a empty promise
On paper in the Big.Context
Track record,one year, again, context.
His statement included as many hypotheticals as mine, last time I checked sun shines on everybody.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back