• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Northwestern

That's from six weeks ago pops

They are #20 now with an average star rating of 87.24 which would drop them even further down (behind Nebraska)

They racked up a lot of recruits early. Other schools have caught up and passed thrm. They will continue drop with a mostly full class already

Last edited:

It's negative IMO because you're unhappy about what's happened the past 4 years with Frost. However nothing anyone can do about the past 4 years except complain. OK fine we get it because no one's happy with it. However this is a NEW SEASON. Therefore I refuse to keep whining and sniveling and being negative before the NEW SEASON even starts.

Almost every single thread gets contaminated with the same crap. Over and over and over again how Frost is a lousy coach and we're pretty much doomed to fail? Most here get it because it's been said a thousands times in a thousand threads in a thousand different ways.

I'm going to try and stay positive about this season until AT LEAST we play a few games. Everyone is different but I'm going to try and avoid reading all the negative posts.

Yes IMO they are negative imo but of course everyone can judge for themselves.
And it’s the whole purpose of a message board. To throw out opinions. It also get old year after year after year being filled which hype and the spending the year to once again go… oh well.

The positives turn to negatives as we watch the season become completely different that we were sold

I will cheer as loud as I always do depending on time of day. Night games I’m more laid back. You may hear a loud yes from me and then I go back to chips and dip

Let’s have a great year

YES!

That's from six weeks ago pops

They are #20 now with an average star rating of 87.24 which would drop them even further down (behind Nebraska)

Well six weeks ago they were doing well

And even that, is a game that Nebraska needs to win. It’s at home, against a name opponent with a first year HC and a ton of turnover from last year. Plus, NU owes those dudes. This is the type of game that could really springboard Nebraska to new heights. Have to win a game like this, no better place to start than the dirt burglars.
But a respectable loss doesn’t start the fire SF drums all that much.

I suspect that most reasonable fans will accept a 3-1 start with that loss being OU.

But lets start 1-0 and then go from there.

Well this is for next year. Yet we all know recruiting at NW is much different with their academic standards
It took him 16 years to start getting talent because of academic standards? Did Northwestern's standards change this year? And what's the difference for a football player getting into Northwestern vs. Nebraska?

But a respectable loss doesn’t start the fire SF drums all that much.

I suspect that most reasonable fans will accept a 3-1 start with that loss being OU.

But lets start 1-0 and then go from there.
I agree, but I want that OU game, badly. Besides the **** taking around here, it could really help this team turn a corner. It desperately needs a win like this. Seems like it’s been ions since.

We have:

- a #1 QB with bad thumb
- one of the worst OLs in the country got worse on paper
- an almost entirely new off coaching staff and new players that need to all figure out how to work together optimally
- lost many defensive veterans

7-5 will be a good season and many of those 7-5 scenarios include a loss to NW. To me that’s not must win. Will it be disappointing? Sure. Should we win? Yup.

In what scenario is NW must win? Going for the Natty? Ok sure but isn’t that bar set a little high? We can still lose to NW and win the B1G West and that’s like the tippy top 1% of expectation this year so I don’t see why it’s must win.

We aren’t there yet to call the first game of the season a must win. Set expectations for the team we have not the team we want.
I agree 7-5, hopefully better, is what we need. But I think proportionately a small percentage of those 7-5 scenarios include a loss to NW this season. Unless, of course, they are much better than projected. I think we've seen over recent years that in today's Big Ten that you simply cannot give away games to teams you should beat. It's much too competitive a league now unless you are Ohio State.

It took him 16 years to start getting talent because of academic standards? Did Northwestern's standards change this year? And what's the difference for a football player getting into Northwestern vs. Nebraska?
He has to be pretty smart. More so than Nebraska, and most other schools.

Well they are dropping like a lead balloon now which blows up your point
No not really. 6 weeks ago they had the 5th ranked class. If recruiting was over then yeah maybe

Yet again it is harder to recruit there

They are doing alright with what they have to work with.

NU having so much more talent NW should not even be a concern but it is

I have no clue.

Tell me

He has to be pretty smart. More so than Nebraska, and most other schools.
Not really. Admissions are extremely flexible, moreso in recent years than ever before, and athletes are given the benefit of the doubt as long as they meet NCAA minimums. Once they get there, the program will make sure they stay eligible if they're giving some effort.

Basically, if a 5-star running back meets NCAA minimums, Northwestern (or anywhere else) would find a way to get him admitted.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back