• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

#1! On the hot seat anyway.

Depends on how hungry he is. He's been eating steak and lobster for years. Is he hungry for his reputation? To fetch some of it back? We'll have to see.
I get what you're saying. The vast majority of people don't get to be multi-millionaires at such a young age and I can only suppose it'd be easy to just sit back and coast. But I do think that HCSF would take a helluva pay cut in exchange for getting Nebraska back in yearly National Title conversations (yes I know, that only happens in B movies). Letting go of some of the duties he's been trying to manage is a step in the right direction IMO. I think (hope) his "blinking" will speed up this year.

You're suggesting a first time P5 head coach just took the position at his alma mater for the heck of it?

I have a feeling Frost probably wants the Huskers to be successful more than any of us.
I'm sure he does want the Huskers to be successful but sadly, up to this point, he has not shown the acumen to make that happen hence his slot as number one on the hot seat list.

Not surprise at all. Last year, #3 or #4 hot seat list. If I remember right, two years ago, Top 10 hot seat list.

Riley: 19W-19L, 2 out of 3 bowls. After 3 seasons ..... fired.
Frosty: 15W-29L, 0 out of 4 bowls

Make or break. If NW beat NU ............. fairly good chance new interim head coach

XmaBKzh.png

UPDATE: Another article ...

#1 - Frosty
#12 - Tom Allen (Hoosiers)
#18 - Fitzgerald
#30 - Greg Schiano (Rutgers)

Last edited:

Not surprise at all. Last year, #3 or #4 hot seat list. If I remember right, two years ago, Top 10 hot seat list.

Riley: 19W-19L, 2 out of 3 bowls. After 3 seasons ..... fired.
Frosty: 15W-29L, 0 out of 4 bowls

Make or break. If NW beat NU ............. fairly good chance new interim head coach

XmaBKzh.png
Many of us at the time of his candidacy for the position, including myself, argued that one of the bonuses to hiring Frost was that it would be harder to fire him. We argued that the rebuild at NU was likely going to take longer than the duration of Riley or Callahan's tenure. We argued that hiring Frost would give the program some stability/continuity while enduring the inevitable bumps and bruises to come. 4 losing seasons later and my patience has *certainly* been tested with Frost. However, in his defense, he went out and did what Callahan didnt, he fired people he would describe as friends. He swallowed a humility pill, and has given up the reigns on offense, and he secured arguably the best asst. coach hire in the nation in Joseph. They systematically and effectively filled holes via the portal, and they are currently on a roll recruiting-wise. There is reason for hope, and reason for concern, but that guy busted his *** for Nebraska after getting totally trashed by the greatest fans in college football, and I don't think I'm alone in saying we owe it to him to have a little faith. GBR.

You're suggesting a first time P5 head coach just took the position at his alma mater for the heck of it?

I have a feeling Frost probably wants the Huskers to be successful more than any of us.
Not suggesting that at all. However, with the record he has, the pressure he feels, and all the money he’s made, he wouldn’t be the first to say, eff it. Again, not suggesting that, just that it happens all the time.

Many of us at the time of his candidacy for the position, including myself, argued that one of the bonuses to hiring Frost was that it would be harder to fire him. We argued that the rebuild at NU was likely going to take longer than the duration of Riley or Callahan's tenure. We argued that hiring Frost would give the program some stability/continuity while enduring the inevitable bumps and bruises to come. 4 losing seasons later and my patience has *certainly* been tested with Frost. However, in his defense, he went out and did what Callahan didnt, he fired people he would describe as friends. He swallowed a humility pill, and has given up the reigns on offense, and he secured arguably the best asst. coach hire in the nation in Joseph. They systematically and effectively filled holes via the portal, and they are currently on a roll recruiting-wise. There is reason for hope, and reason for concern, but that guy busted his *** for Nebraska after getting totally trashed by the greatest fans in college football, and I don't think I'm alone in saying we owe it to him to have a little faith. GBR.
This year, AM2 will probably Heisman trophy candidate.

Not a whole lot I agree with in this post but I would really be curious to how you feel he got totally trashed by the greatest fans in college football. Are you referring to the booing he got back in 1996 during the central Florida game? Those few boo’s that he still holds on to as a grown man? It’s interesting that there were supposedly so many still concerned going into year two when we supposedly had a Heisman candidate at quarterback and a top 20 projected team. He’ll get some faith, accolades, and a little confidence from the Fanbase when he earns it, not because of who he is. Granted he had one incredible season at UCF but at the end of the day five out of six years have been losing seasons.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back