• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

#1! On the hot seat anyway.

Were you a qb on a title winning team? I'd say any former players cares 1000 times more than any fan.
I disagree. I know plenty that don’t give much of a damn. Fans are Fanatics. Players not so much. A bit of a generalization I know….but Not exclusive to UNL. Heck, I played college football & haven’t been to alma mater’s game since I left 25 years ago.

I disagree. I know plenty that don’t give much of a damn. Fans are Fanatics. Players not so much. A bit of a generalization I know….but Not exclusive to UNL. Heck, I played college football & haven’t been to alma mater’s game since I left 25 years ago.

Ok, fair point. I guess I should rephrase it by saying any former player that is still involved with his alma mater, whether it be coaching or fundraising or just in administration, cares much more than any fan. You're right, there are plenty of ex-players that never come back and dont really care at all.

Depends on how hungry he is. He's been eating steak and lobster for years. Is he hungry for his reputation? To fetch some of it back? We'll have to see.
As far as how hungry he is, take a look at the guy now compared to what he looked like a few years ago when he got hired. Part of why he is in this position has been his own stubbornness and hubris in my opinion but he has worked his tail off this past year in getting a new coaching staff and the job they have done with recruiting and especially the transfer portal.

Actually Burrows played in 6 games (2016) and 5 games (2017) at OSU. So I'd say they had a chance to take a decent look before deciding he wasn't starter material. I ask how wrong could they be? :Lol:
All mop up duty. Point was, Adrian started 45-46 games or so. A little different, but point made.

As far as how hungry he is, take a look at the guy now compared to what he looked like a few years ago when he got hired. Part of why he is in this position has been his own stubbornness and hubris in my opinion but he has worked his tail off this past year in getting a new coaching staff and the job they have done with recruiting and especially the transfer portal.
I won’t argue that. I’d also add his own ego to that, which, hopefully, has been humbled quite a bit.

This is hard to argue with. Unfortunately I’m upset at SF for the lackadaisical approach the last few years. Too many outside distractions. I’m not accepting anything until I see it.

Where is Herm coaching now I do like him as a person

google-it2.jpg

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back