• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

#1! On the hot seat anyway.

Not suggesting that at all. However, with the record he has, the pressure he feels, and all the money he’s made, he wouldn’t be the first to say, eff it. Again, not suggesting that, just that it happens all the time.
He certainly hasn't acted in a fashion that would indicate what you're saying is true.

I get what you're saying. The vast majority of people don't get to be multi-millionaires at such a young age and I can only suppose it'd be easy to just sit back and coast. But I do think that HCSF would take a helluva pay cut in exchange for getting Nebraska back in yearly National Title conversations (yes I know, that only happens in B movies). Letting go of some of the duties he's been trying to manage is a step in the right direction IMO. I think (hope) his "blinking" will speed up this year.
His paycut is unprecedented. It’s possible, and we don’t know, that he is flat out embarrassed about his performance, and the paycut was to save some face. I’m not saying that’s the case, just that these things can happen, and it’s his home state, and his school. You have to take into consideration all the crap he talked upon arrival. I’m glad that at least one person at least understands what I’m trying to say. Again, not saying this is the case, but it’s definitely possible.

Many of us at the time of his candidacy for the position, including myself, argued that one of the bonuses to hiring Frost was that it would be harder to fire him. We argued that the rebuild at NU was likely going to take longer than the duration of Riley or Callahan's tenure. We argued that hiring Frost would give the program some stability/continuity while enduring the inevitable bumps and bruises to come. 4 losing seasons later and my patience has *certainly* been tested with Frost. However, in his defense, he went out and did what Callahan didnt, he fired people he would describe as friends. He swallowed a humility pill, and has given up the reigns on offense, and he secured arguably the best asst. coach hire in the nation in Joseph. They systematically and effectively filled holes via the portal, and they are currently on a roll recruiting-wise. There is reason for hope, and reason for concern, but that guy busted his *** for Nebraska after getting totally trashed by the greatest fans in college football, and I don't think I'm alone in saying we owe it to him to have a little faith. GBR.
It was obvious to many fans after Frost's 2nd season this was not a Big 10 quality coaching staff he brought with him, especially on the offensive side of the ball. Additionally, it was obvious to many fans the need for a Special Team Coach. Frost not makiing decisions relative to these issues at that time raises questions relative to him even possessing Head Coach/CEO capability. Having said that I was all for his hire but now??????

Also, McKenzie Milton prior to his injury must have been one great QB, i.e 13-0 considering the ineptness displayed by these offensive coaches in the Big 10.

Last edited:
Not surprise at all. Last year, #3 or #4 hot seat list. If I remember right, two years ago, Top 10 hot seat list.

Riley: 19W-19L, 2 out of 3 bowls. After 3 seasons ..... fired.
Frosty: 15W-29L, 0 out of 4 bowls

Make or break. If NW beat NU ............. fairly good chance new interim head coach

XmaBKzh.png

UPDATE: Another article ...

#1 - Frosty
#12 - Tom Allen (Hoosiers)
#18 - Fitzgerald
#30 - Greg Schiano (Rutgers)
I don’t think it would happen after game one, but a 2-3, or 2-4 start will definitely heat up the talk. This team needs some confidence quickly, and so does Scott.

Many of us at the time of his candidacy for the position, including myself, argued that one of the bonuses to hiring Frost was that it would be harder to fire him. We argued that the rebuild at NU was likely going to take longer than the duration of Riley or Callahan's tenure. We argued that hiring Frost would give the program some stability/continuity while enduring the inevitable bumps and bruises to come. 4 losing seasons later and my patience has *certainly* been tested with Frost. However, in his defense, he went out and did what Callahan didnt, he fired people he would describe as friends. He swallowed a humility pill, and has given up the reigns on offense, and he secured arguably the best asst. coach hire in the nation in Joseph. They systematically and effectively filled holes via the portal, and they are currently on a roll recruiting-wise. There is reason for hope, and reason for concern, but that guy busted his *** for Nebraska after getting totally trashed by the greatest fans in college football, and I don't think I'm alone in saying we owe it to him to have a little faith. GBR.
In fairness, he didn’t make changes until forced. Changes, massive changes should have been made after 2019.

Shrug all you want. It happens all the time. Not suggesting that either, just that the possibility always exists. It happens to Bob Stoops. Got too fat and happy, and lost some luster. He isn’t alone.

It does, but I don't think that applies here. You don't get fat and happy when you come back to your alma mater and don't make a bowl game in 4 years.

It does, but I don't think that applies here. You don't get fat and happy when you come back to your alma mater and don't make a bowl game in 4 years.
No, you don’t, but you do get embarrassed and want that to stop. He had no answers, his words. Just saying that this possibility exists. He’ll never long for money, so it’s no longer a driving force.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back