• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

43 points

Ask Trev? It is about the pay. If it wasn’t, all of them would have been gone. The only reason Frost is still here, is because he had 20m in buyout left. Trev made a deal to lower that. If the buyout was 7m, NU would have a new staff totally right now. Anytime a person is paid big money, the stakes are higher. No one will here about the $10 dollar yard mower, or the $12 dishwasher. They’d just cut bait and move on. It is about the money.
Did TA tell you that? Because unless he did, i think you are making a big assumption.

Did TA tell you that? Because unless he did, i think you are making a big assumption.
I think you can read between the lines by the contract adjustment as well as some of the comments that were made by Trev. I certainly for one believe that had the buy out been closer to 8-10 million he would have been gone. Have I heard things? Yes. Can I prove they are true? Of course not. I will ask you this, have you ever heard of a contract buyout being substantially modified as well as cutting a salary by over 20% then claiming that you like the direction of the program? Had Trev done nothing I would agree with you.

Last edited:

It may be semantics, but we're talking about a poster that often confuses opinions and facts/truth. For example:

"He coached like a high school coach." Is that the truth? Or is that an opinion?

There are multiple examples of him saying his opinion is the truth or a fact.

I can tell you that it IS a fact that Division I-AA football is no longer called that, and it hasn't been called that for 15+ years.
So, it’s not truth the OL sucked all 4 years he was here, and in charge of it? What the hell have you been watching? A well oiled machine? Just lol on that nonsense. He hasn’t been even an average OL coach at NU. That makes him an underachieving, bad coach, at least while he’s been at NU. Given the talent he had available here, and performance of his units given said talent, he did look like a high school coach lost in a world way above his skill set. How is that not truth? There weren’t many, if any worse offensive lines in the power 5, except for maybe Kansas and Vanderbilt, and, he did all of this, with top 25 talent, so yes, he’s been outright horrible. Nebraska hasn’t even had one (1) mediocre line since he’s been here. If you want to polish up that turd somehow, continue to spin your ridiculous nonsense.

Geez man. It was a joke considering Philly has been in the Frost camp. I appreciated his original POV. Don't think my post required a half page explanation about the "two sides" when there has been a full on fight going on before and after my post that was all but left ignored.

A chuckle or a full-on laugh is a healthy thing. Maybe folks should start there .
I got a good laugh out of it. Yes, I have been in Frost's camp. Yes, I have said at least 7 wins this season is my floor. Nothing has wavered. I was disappointed he went 100 pct all in all Martinez. I was disappointed there did not appear to be plan B for QB until this year.. I am disappointed of a lack of a consistent running game and play calling at best has been a C-. I am really disappointed in our offensive line and ST. All that being said, I am still in Frost's camp. But he has this year to get us to a bowl.

For the record, unless we lose Thompson and Chubba both...anything less than 7 wins and it's time to say goodbye.

I got a good laugh out of it. Yes, I have been in Frost's camp. Yes, I have said at least 7 wins this season is my floor. Nothing has wavered. I was disappointed he went 100 pct all in all Martinez. I was disappointed there did not appear to be plan B for QB until this year.. I am disappointed of a lack of a consistent running game and play calling at best has been a C-. I am really disappointed in our offensive line and ST. All that being said, I am still in Frost's camp. But he has this year to get us to a bowl.

For the record, unless we lose Thompson and Chubba both...anything less than 7 wins and it's time to say goodbye.
No and or with this season. Injuries happen and you have to overcome. Good teams find a way. There are no excuses for yet another poor season. If this season is bad, again, then he most definitely is not the guy. He’s had ample time to prove himself. It’s on him for sticking with the same QB, it’s on him for bringing low level coaches here. He had choices, and he made them. Most all of them have been wrong. Nothing will excuse another poor season.

So, it’s not truth the OL sucked all 4 years he was here, and in charge of it? What the hell have you been watching? A well oiled machine? Just lol on that nonsense. He hasn’t been even an average OL coach at NU. That makes him an underachieving, bad coach, at least while he’s been at NU. Given the talent he had available here, and performance of his units given said talent, he did look like a high school coach lost in a world way above his skill set. How is that not truth? There weren’t many, if any worse offensive lines in the power 5, except for maybe Kansas and Vanderbilt, and, he did all of this, with top 25 talent, so yes, he’s been outright horrible. Nebraska hasn’t even had one (1) mediocre line since he’s been here. If you want to polish up that turd somehow, continue to spin your ridiculous nonsense.
Those are your opinions. They are opinions that many agree with, but it doesn't make it a fact.

Thank you for proving my point, though.

6h39ka.gif

Imagine turning 43 pts around in our favor last year, one of our tougher schedules.
With a 86 pt swing my guess is win/loss would have ended up with us looking somewhat dominate and a very good record.
The question is, since we didnt earn the plus side of the 43 pts our way, can we do some this year?
And another is, how likely is this going to happen again this year, giving up those points?
No radical thinking, no ordering flagons of koolaid, just the odds of it happening again?
With coaching better addressed
With law of averages neutral (ie luck)
With an improved and more favorable schedule?
The question I ask myself is, how close in play will this years team be to last years?
Will the pluses and minuses of guys gone vs guys coming in have no discernable impacts, and if they do, can we address the losses, and, have we addressed our weaknesses.
I believe some of our weaknesses were low hanging fruit, return game in particular, kicking game right behind.

This is a very correctable scenario before we get into who we lost

No and or with this season. Injuries happen and you have to overcome. Good teams find a way. There are no excuses for yet another poor season. If this season is bad, again, then he most definitely is not the guy. He’s had ample time to prove himself. It’s on him for sticking with the same QB, it’s on him for bringing low level coaches here. He had choices, and he made them. Most all of them have been wrong. Nothing will excuse another poor season.
If we lose both of our 2 starting QB and go 6-6? Bite down hard. I think he stays. JMO

If we lose both of our 2 starting QB and go 6-6? Bite down hard. I think he stays. JMO
I don’t think that will fly after 4 losing seasons, no matter what. Not to mention, looks like he isn’t going to play the QB, that he himself recruited. I bow down to Logan staying here. Class dude.

Glad to know you think the job was satisfactory.
Can you point to where I said that? I am just trying to help you understand the difference between facts and opinions.

Fact: Greg Austin was the offensive line coach at Nebraska.

Opinion: Greg Austin was a terrible coach and should have been fired, preferably a season or two earlier.

For what it's worth, Austin was the coach that I believe most deserved to be let go. That's my opinion.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back