• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

43 points

Power of Corn

Scout Team
10 Year Member
43 points is the total # of points allowed, but not allowed by the defense..... pic-6, safeties,
kick & punt returns, extra pt block/return. 7 total teams were allowed "bonus points".

Illinois and Iowa, each scored 9 pts on us. unreal. approx 3.6 pts per game avg. vs 12 teams.

I have no idea how to search to see who also allowed embarrassing amounts of bonus points.

not just free points.... but HUGE momentum changes in the game

Last edited:
That’s quite interesting. When you can stop aiding in beating yourself, you have a damn good chance of winning. The momentum swings of those issues can be devastating. Hopefully, the trash was taken out with the high school coaches who were let go, and a better trend replaces it.

That’s quite interesting. When you can stop aiding in beating yourself, you have a damn good chance of winning. The momentum swings of those issues can be devastating. Hopefully, the trash was taken out with the high school coaches who were let go, and a better trend replaces it.

They weren't high school coaches.

This, to me, is a reason for optimism … because if you can correct/eliminate those very fixable mistakes … then your record can quickly change …NU lost all 9 games last year by 59 points … take 43 self-inflicted points out of the mix then all of the sudden losses turn into wins.

Sure looked like it, and preformed like it. At best, they are low, low level division coaches. They are NOT power 5 coaches. I just hope all of them are gone from the staff. They most definitely, were payroll bandits. Not even arguable.

Greg Austin has no cartilage in his knees because of what he gave to this program. Show some respect.

43 points is the total # of points allowed, but not allowed by the defense..... pic-6, safeties,
kick & punt returns, extra pt block/return. 7 total teams were allowed "bonus points".

Illinois and Iowa, each scored 9 pts on us. unreal. approx 3.6 pts per game avg. vs 12 teams.

I have no idea how to search to see who also allowed embarrassing amounts of bonus points.

not just free points.... but HUGE momentum changes in the game
That seems like a lot, especially when we lost so many close games. Still, one would have to know a general average to compare with that number. Any team will give away some free points over a year.

Greg Austin has no cartilage in his knees because of what he gave to this program. Show some respect.
It’s not personal. Just because you played doesn’t mean you can coach. His line has been terrible the entire time he was here. Should he be praised then? Hell no. He’s rich having been here. Enough said.

You can say that about a lot of people over the years … as good of a player and as good of a person that he is doesn’t absolve him from the performance of the offensive line over his tenure as a position coach.

I think it’s telling that when Frost finally asserted himself on the playing rotations getting Nouli and Teddy P into the lineup … only then did unit start playing better.

He wasn’t ready to be a P5 assistant. One year at Oregon as a GA, 2 years for the Eagles (NFL) as an assistant and then at UCF. Promoting him to run game coordinator also reeked of nepotism and IMO emboldened him beyond what his performance warranted.

You can say that about a lot of people over the years … as good of a player and as good of a person that he is doesn’t absolve him from the performance of the offensive line over his tenure as a position coach.

I think it’s telling that when Frost finally asserted himself on the playing rotations getting Nouli and Teddy P into the lineup … only then did unit start playing better.

He wasn’t ready to be a P5 assistant. One year at Oregon as a GA, 2 years for the Eagles (NFL) as an assistant and then at UCF. Promoting him to run game coordinator also reeked of nepotism and IMO emboldened him beyond what his performance warranted.

It didn't work out. I hope he gets another opportunity somewhere. I won't ever sad a bad word about the guy.

It didn't work out. I hope he gets another opportunity somewhere. I won't ever sad a bad word about the guy.
No one said a bad word about him. He is NOT a good coach. That’s it. He was paid well for his efforts. He coached like a high school coach. That’s just the truth. Accept it instead of arguing about something that you’d, once again, be wrong about.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back