• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bill Busch to be OFFICIALLY named ST Coordinator

iu

Was hoping for an outside voice on this one, rather than looking to someone within the very same walls where the full-on ST disaster has been ongoing. Just seems like if Busch had answers or saw things he could fix, he'd have found a way to influence it from where he was in the org.

But I'll support the hire and hope it works out. He's got his work cut out for him.
Of course the problem could be higher up than the special teams coach we’ve had the last few years….

Busch's done great work with special teams before, and has been one of the best (if not the best) recruiters on just about every team he's been with. We need guys who can add to the talent pool in NE and in the area around us by recruiting highly ranked national players -- Busch (and Joseph) can do that

Was hoping for an outside voice on this one, rather than looking to someone within the very same walls where the full-on ST disaster has been ongoing. Just seems like if Busch had answers or saw things he could fix, he'd have found a way to influence it from where he was in the org.

But I'll support the hire and hope it works out. He's got his work cut out for him.
I think his job became easier with the incoming punter and kicker

Busch's done great work with special teams before, and has been one of the best (if not the best) recruiters on just about every team he's been with. We need guys who can add to the talent pool in NE and in the area around us by recruiting highly ranked national players -- Busch (and Joseph) can do that
Not disagreeing but this hire could have been announced months ago had he been the first choice.

You mean to keep the fanatics happy?
To some extent yes. Fans are what makes Nebraska special.

But it wouldn't hurt for recruiting. It wouldn't hurt having him get started prepping.

It's very clear he wasn't their first few choices. It might work out just fine, but let's not pretend he was #1 on their board.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back