• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Does Scott Frost Deserve a 5th Season at Nebraska?

Who would have ever thought that the Scott Frost era would have divided our fan base so much after 3 2/3rds of the fourth year arguing about the merits of his fourth losing season in a row. I need a break until the situation changes one way or another. Too much frustration on all our parts because we are all so passionate. I think I’ll see if we feel better after Saturday

We will.

We'll likely not have long to celebrate.

Make no mistake. Even the most supportive amongst us (and I count myself among that group) are on a shot clock.

It has to change. It has to change soon.

For me, it's a couple of things, none of which involve him being a native son. First, I'm really tired of the coaching carousel, which brought us this mess. Second, if he goes 3-1 and gets us to a bowl, that's progress (baby steps, but progress nonetheless). Yes, his record is bad, and it isn't clear to me that he knows how to right the ship. But if there are signs of progress, I'd rather give it a little more time than take another spin on the carousel. I honestly don't think he's capable of doing better than he has, but I'd be happy to be wrong.

If you don't think he's capable of doing better than he has, then why don't you want to see Alberts make a change? I don't get that train of thought.

I am not willing to bring him back for one more year if he even wins two of the next four and those who are willing to bring him back if he only wins one of the next four I’d like to know where you get that good dope from

Who would have ever thought that the Scott Frost era would have divided our fan base so much after 3 2/3rds of the fourth year arguing about the merits of his fourth losing season in a row. I need a break until the situation changes one way or another. Too much frustration on all our parts because we are all so passionate. I think I’ll see if we feel better after Saturday

Anyone who has been a Husker fan since 1997 shouldn't be surprised at all.

One of the positives covered by the weaknesses was bringing Husker Power yet and we are already seeing big progress in physicality. These strength coaches seem pretty dialed in.

Important for B1G play and one aspect that will continue to improve given an opportunity. Something we don't want to let slide like not lifting from the ground etc. we saw in HCMR years.

Try again - we are also taking 1.3 turnovers per game, and have a positive ratio of .2.

We have improved noticeably in both areas - it's one of the biggest points in Scott's favor if you're charting progress from his first 2.5 seasons to this one.

Nebraska has caused 10 turnovers and have turned the ball over themselves 9 times. They rank 67th nationally in turnover margin. Not exactly a stat to brag about.

One of the positives covered by the weaknesses was bringing Husker Power yet and we are already seeing big progress in physicality. These strength coaches seem pretty dialed in.

Important for B1G play and one aspect that will continue to improve given an opportunity. Something we don't want to let slide like not lifting from the ground etc. we saw in HCMR years.

Yeah, what happened to the S&C criticism?

Important for B1G play and one aspect that will continue to improve given an opportunity. Something we don't want to let slide like not lifting from the ground etc. we saw in HCMR yeyears.
Outstanding point.

Seriously?
Yes, seriously. What’s to get mad about? No one can ignore the fact that we lose far more games then we win and that the team has had nagging issues. Both the anti-Frost and Frost supporting fans agree on that point. I don’t see anyone getting angry over people pointing out the obvious. Maybe I’m just reading the wrong threads.

Go Big Red.

Nebraska has caused 10 turnovers and have turned the ball over themselves 9 times. They rank 67th nationally in turnover margin. Not exactly a stat to brag about.

When you say:

"They continue to turn the ball over at an alarming rate; Nebraska has fumbled 89 times (lost 38) and thrown 32 picks in 40 Frost-coached games."

This year, we turn the ball over 1.1 times a game (and force 1.3 turnovers a game). Last year we turned it over 2.3 times a game and forced .9 a game (the two previous years, it was 1.8 TOs per game we gave away).

The 1.1 TOs per game ranks us around #40 for fewest per game nationwide this year, with a drastic improvement from last year & previous averages. It was previously a significant issue, but you think it's accurate to say that a stat where we've literally cut mistakes by more than half & are now in the top 1/3 of the country "continues (to be) alarming"?

Frost has painted himself into a corner. He's earned the criticism with the on the field blunders. Its the eleventh hour for Frost, lets see how he reacts.

4 games. Purdue is inconsistent, but solid. Ohio State hasn't played anyone. Wisconsin appears to be improving. Iowa is overrated. 2 wins in there is played correctly...but Frost hasn't proven he can win consistently.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back