• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Took #9 Mich. to the Wire, w/Two Freshmen Tackles

Second and yes, he beat Nebraska in year one in Boulder.

I don't disagree on the frustration, but I don't see anything much but uniforms in common with his past Nebraska teams. Last years team would have looked like they did last night against Northwestern, not Michigan. Finding ways to keep lesser talented teams in games. I don't think the 2018, 2019 or 2020 versions of Nebraska played football that looks anything like the OU, Michigan State or Michigan games. The improved play makes me think the improvement I've seen small pieces of in the last year is real and is showing up on Saturdays.

Still have five games to play and five chances to improve and win football games. This is a gritty team to watch. Minus the Illinois game, this has been the best Nebraska football I've seen in years.
I don't disagree with this post, but it means jack squat if they can't figure out how to win games like this. You are holding out hope that they are turning the corner, and while I somewhat admire your continued optimism I feel I've seen this movie over and over and don't expect a different ending.

I don't disagree with this post, but it means jack squat if they can't figure out how to win games like this. You are holding out hope that they are turning the corner, and while I somewhat admire your continued optimism I feel I've seen this movie over and over and don't expect a different ending.

I was optimistic in years one, two and three based mostly on 'Blue Sky' and a hope Frost could figure it out. I see the product on the field dramatically improved over those teams, though the results aren't what we want. You see the 'same old, same old' and I see something different. We're all entitled to our own opinions.

Second year for Tucker... and he lost to Rutgers in his first game.

Tucker is using the old B1G script... something Scott has been reluctant to use (conservative, physical football).

Scott needs to incorporate some of that... but I appreciate what I our offense looked like in the second half... and I think recruits will too.

It doesn't matter if Nebraska started true freshman across the board or sixth year seniors. What matters is Nebraska lost and has been losing more than winning since the start of the 2017 season.

I see lots of spin to help deny reality.

Here is a dose of reality. They are not winning because of overachieving freshman tackles. They are winning because the defense has a lot of super seniors that are gone next year. Next year Nebraska will more resemble this year's Northwestern team, not Iowa.

Nebraska finds ways to not play sharp at critical points every year in close games.

Stop pumping sunshine. It doesn't matter how you dress up crap, it's still crap.

Last edited:

I am going to be that guy! You have a ton of playmakers on defense we will be losing after season and a 4 year starting quarterback. You have stars align like this only very few years. There is no way we can replace what we lose this year. If we didn't win under these circumstances, I just don't see the future as being bright. If you don't win with more, how can you win with less!

I am going to be that guy! You have a ton of playmakers on defense we will be losing after season and a 4 year starting quarterback. You have stars align like this only very few years. There is no way we can replace what we lose this year. If we didn't win under these circumstances, I just don't see the future as being bright. If you don't win with more, how can you win with less!
That’s my concern. It’s obvious this is a better coached and better football team that is playing our best football in the SF era and still losing. I see us fighting for 6 wins again next year. I’m not sure we have any choice but to roll with Scott again next year and hope we have the ability to replace what we lose.

Last edited:

I don't disagree on the frustration, but I don't see anything much but uniforms in common with his past Nebraska teams. Last years team would have looked like they did last night against Northwestern, not Michigan. Finding ways to keep lesser talented teams in games. I don't think the 2018, 2019 or 2020 versions of Nebraska played football that looks anything like the OU, Michigan State or Michigan games. The improved play makes me think the improvement I've seen small pieces of in the last year is real and is showing up on Saturdays.

Still have five games to play and five chances to improve and win football games. This is a gritty team to watch. Minus the Illinois game, this has been the best Nebraska football I've seen in years.

This type of optimism is not allowed.

can not disagree at all with the above... However, I do worry about next year.. but we will cross that bridge next year.

Yes, we need wins.

You don't think we should look at who's playing very important roles on the team right now as we're evaluating the team's performance? No moral victories in losing to three top ten teams by a combined 13 points, but it should paint a picture that this team is much improved. Last year's team never looked like this.
Thats it.
Name a coach weve had thats done better this century?

I traveled to the big house in 2018 & watched a roster softened by smiley Riley exposure get lambasted 10-56. :Frown:

Granted at home, in the prime time spotlight on national TV - last night's contest was a war & DONU stood toe to toe with the mighty team from up north, matched their physicality, never quit & clearly got better as the contest progressed. Both squads had 6 penalties (well that's all that were called on the visitors) & Khaki boy looked overjoyed with relief to have escaped with a W.

Whether people believe it or not, good times are ahead for the Big Red

That’s my concern. It’s obvious this is a better coached and better football team that is playing our best football in the SF era and still losing. I see us fighting for 6 wins again next year. I’m not sure we have any choice but to roll with Scott again next year and hope we have the ability to replace what we lose.
Michigan, Michigan St, and Oklahoma are good football teams. Possible playoff teams in Michigan and Oklahoma. I will always agree wins matter. I just feel this team is close. We will know for sure if they handle business against Minnesota and Purdue. Wisconsin is ripe for the taking. Is Iowa better than Michigan? We don’t know that. Is Iowa better than Oklahoma? Our team still has a lot to play for. GBR!!!

It doesn't matter if Nebraska started true freshman across the board or sixth year seniors. What matters is Nebraska lost and has been losing more than winning since the start of the 2017 season.

I see lots of spin to help deny reality.

Here is a dose of reality. They are not winning because of overachieving freshman tackles. They are winning because the defense has a lot of super seniors that are gone next year. Next year Nebraska will more resemble this year's Northwestern team, not Iowa.

Nebraska finds ways to not play sharp at critical points every year in close games.

Stop pumping sunshine. It doesn't matter how you dress up crap, it's still crap.
And we lost our D line to he NFL too, remember?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back