• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Took #9 Mich. to the Wire, w/Two Freshmen Tackles

All I said was he would not have changed the outcome, you are the one who keeps going on and on about how great Teddy is even after I, in multiple posts, agreed with how good he is and will be. Have a good day.

C
And all I said was, "I disagree with you, solesrfr." Isn't that awful? Doesn't that keep you awake at night? Ready for your Nanny-nanny-boo-boo moment? Say, solesrfr, where, precisely, did I say we'd be 8-0 with Teddy in the lineup? Eagerly awaiting your next missive.

And all I said was, "I disagree with you, solesrfr." Isn't that awful? Doesn't that keep you awake at night? Ready for your Nanny-nanny-boo-boo moment? Say, solesrfr, where, precisely, did I say we'd be 8-0 with Teddy in the lineup? Eagerly awaiting your next missive.

Did I say that you did say that? No. I did infer it though after you continued to attribute a false narrative about my opinion. One I clarified in my second reply. What is good for the goose is good for the gander right?

And that is not all you said. You came with snark right out of the gate.

Says you. Prochazka is world's better than any of our other options at left tackle. He also seemed to have some real chemistry with Nouili. And I still believe that if we get to see this player progress into his junior and senior year, he'll really be something special.

If Teddy would have turned yesterdays L into a W then why not the other loses?

Never mind, I don't care what your reasons are for why he would not have turned the other losses into wins. I am glad you feel that he would have changed yesterdays outcome. Have a nice day.

C

I saw far more disciplined offensive line play with Teddy in the game. I also saw our offense getting meaningful push on running plays, and I saw that Teddy gave up zero sacks and zero tackles for loss while going up against the projected 1st-round NFL draft pick Aiden Hutchison. There's a reason he surpassed everyone on the depth chart. There's a reason we didn't seek to preserve his redshirt. That offensive line looked much better with Corcoran on the right side, Prochazka at left tackle and Nouili at left guard. I don't think his injury gave us an upgrade in talent.
During the NW game, I'd agree they looked good against an unathletic, undersized front. But you and I saw completely different line play against Michigan.

Ask yourself, was the offense better with Benhart or Teddy in the Michigan game? It ain't even close. And again Teddy was the second lowest graded player on offense during that game.

During the NW game, I'd agree they looked good against an unathletic, undersized front. But you and I saw completely different line play against Michigan.

Ask yourself, was the offense better with Benhart or Teddy in the Michigan game? It ain't even close. And again Teddy was the second lowest graded player on offense during that game.
Oh, well, then Teddy's injury was a blessing in disguise, then! We were sooooo lucky to be without him! And now, let's diminish what he accomplished against a future 1st-round NFL draft pick! Yep! I saw an offensive line actually moving people with Prochazka in the lineup. The second Benhart entered the game, I saw laundry on the field. First time we'd had an offensive line penalty all game. It was on Benhart. We're all entitled to our own opinions, though, aren't we? Aren't we? Are we?

Last edited:

Yes, he was sacked twice. How many times was he sacked in the Michigan game? How many tackles for loss did Prochazka give up in the Michigan game? He also had numerous passes batted down, and our efforts to run the ball off of the left side looked weak. Forgive me for believing that we would have benefited greatly from having the services of our best left tackle. I had just never seen this offensive line look as good or perform as well as they did after Prochazka became a starter.
Well I did say a few posts ago that it was my opinion that he would not have changed the loss to a win. Did not say he would not have made any difference. My argument is just as strong as yours that Teddy would have turned todays loss into a win.

But I thought you didn't care about my opinion.

C

:Popcorn:

Did I say that you did say that? No. I did infer it though after you continued to attribute a false narrative about my opinion. One I clarified in my second reply. What is good for the goose is good for the gander right?

Never mind, I don't care what your reasons are for why he would not have turned the other losses into wins. I am glad you feel that he would have changed yesterdays outcome. Have a nice day.

C
You said that you "weren't saying that Teddy wasn't a difference-maker" right after saying, "He still would not have made a difference today." I thought that was an odd argument to make.
So, I was trying to get you to flesh out your argument further. You asserted that Prochazka "still would not have made a difference today" because....a.) you said so? b.) because, um, because? or c.) because reasons, damnit. I never did catch the actual "why" behind your thinking, and I think that's pretty thin gruel. I don't find that convincing at all. You see, I was showing you my reasoning for thinking we would have benefited by having him in the lineup. We seemed to see more disciplined line play with him in the game. Against the Wildcats we didn't have one false start penalty until his backup came in. Our offensive line also seemed to get far greater push. He did a great job against future 1st-round NFL draft pick Aiden Hutchison in the Michigan game, in that he didn't allow a sack or a tackle for loss. Pretty damn good for a true freshman, right? See what I did there? I actually gave you the reasons I think we'd have done better if he had been healthy. I think he's a game-changer. I think he has worlds of potential, and that's why he surpassed everyone else on the depth chart. By the way, I'm having a wonderful day!

Last edited:
You said that you "weren't saying that Teddy wasn't a difference-maker" right after saying, "He still would not have made a difference today." I thought that was an odd argument to make.
So, I was trying to get you to flesh out your argument further. You asserted that Prochazka "still would not have made a difference today" because....a.) you said so? b.) because, um, because? or c.) because reasons, damnit. I never did catch the actual "why" behind your thinking, and I think that's pretty thin gruel. I don't find that convincing at all. You see, I was showing you my reasoning for thinking we would have benefited by having him in the lineup. We seemed to see more disciplined line play with him in the game. Against the Wildcats we didn't have one false start penalty until his backup came in. Our offensive line also seemed to get far greater push. He did a great job against future 1st-round NFL draft pick Aiden Hutchison in the Michigan game, in that he didn't allow a sack or a tackle for loss. Pretty damn good for a true freshman, right? See what I did there? I actually gave you the reasons I think we'd have done better if he had been healthy. I think he's a game-changer. I think he has worlds of potential, and that's why he surpassed everyone else on the depth chart. By the way, I'm having a wonderful day!
Please stop beating the horse. It’s dead.

C

Please stop beating the horse. It’s dead.
I was asking for him to explain his reasoning. It really isn't any of your business. I stand by my opinions. I'm allowed to do that, right?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back