• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Husker Conference Realignment Scenario

Does Nebraska join a 20-team SEC?

• No, because we get a lot of advantages from the B1G and this conference is solid.

Votes: 31 56.4%
  • No, because the culture of the SEC goes against everything we stand for

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • Yes, because the SEC is clearly the conference on the rise and this ensures survival.

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Yes, we don’t really fit in the B1G and at least the SEC didn’t try to cancel football last year

Votes: 5 9.1%

• Total voters
If they don’t start winning, those numbers will fall. Losing doesn’t bring fans.

Point I was making is, over the past five years NU is no better than either of those two schools, and many others like them. If this was 1997, NU would be the one of the head chefs at the table. It’s not. Nebraska is going the way of Minnesota. Once a power, bitten by the cold and horrible decisions. Can they recover? I don’t know, but the longer it goes the harder it is.
I agree. Besides having a following on social media doesn't really help the conference. It just helps that specific University. Winning is what helps a conference. Husker fans, myself included, always try to convince ourselves that we are still relevant because of this or that. The fact is, we just aren't relevant outside of our fan base. We are a has been. That's all there is to it.

I like wihat Trev Alberts Said in his first Big Ten media day conference that nobody cares about where Nebraska’s been our Heisman Trophy winners our national championship teams we only care about now and moving forward that means Scott Frost and coaches/Teams aren’t getting a long-term pass I reminiscing about the good old days

Yeah, but then they wouldn't be able to call it the SEC anymore.
Sure they could. The majority of their teams are south and east. They won't change the name jaut for a couple northern teams. SEC is now a brand. A recognized and profitable brand at that. Nothing is going to change that.

College football as we knew it is dead unless someone steps in to stop all of this. Might as well call it the SEC National championship. Their end goal is to control it all with ESPN. This isn’t good for Nebraska at all. Do we honestly want games against really tough opponents every weekend? Only if we are ok with five win seasons. I may be done with sports other than my kids. The NIL is ridiculous and I really can’t understand how any true fan of college sports doesn’t see both these things destroying what we loved. I heard some young twenty year old on 1620 saying this is what younger fans want. I still say young people are never going to watch like previous generations. Nothing they do will draw in the younger generation. They don’t watch sports end of story. Bye bye college football! It was a nice run.

Clemson is refuting this claim, fwiw.
It’s eventually going to happen. Maybe not this year but it’s coming. The money is so much more in the SEC and BIG compared to the PAC and ACC. The big boys will move. Their rivals be damned!

College football as we knew it is dead unless someone steps in to stop all of this. Might as well call it the SEC National championship. Their end goal is to control it all with ESPN. This isn’t good for Nebraska at all. Do we honestly want games against really tough opponents every weekend? Only if we are ok with five win seasons. I may be done with sports other than my kids. The NIL is ridiculous and I really can’t understand how any true fan of college sports doesn’t see both these things destroying what we loved. I heard some young twenty year old on 1620 saying this is what younger fans want. I still say young people are never going to watch like previous generations. Nothing they do will draw in the younger generation. They don’t watch sports end of story. Bye bye college football! It was a nice run.
I could not agree more my friend..

Rivalries are being destroyed in the name of the almighty dollar. I watch but with less interest for sure.

All the big games will be played each week within the SEC. last 2 teams will be OSU and Mich going to SEC. We will end up with Neb playing Purdue.

Crazy times

Rivalries are being destroyed in the name of the almighty dollar. I watch but with less interest for sure.

All the big games will be played each week within the SEC. last 2 teams will be OSU and Mich going to SEC. We will end up with Neb playing Purdue.

Crazy times
I don't think OSU or Michigan will make that move. They're in a conference right now where they have so much influence. Being the new guys in the SEC will take away much of their stature and infkuence.

Last edited:

Crazy times
If and I stress if because of Karen Warren, we can pull in USC and Notre Dame that could make the BIG stay relevant money wise. Notre Dane had to be wondering where this is going. If the SEC and ESPN have control they could very easily exclude Notre Dane if the Irish refused to join. I don’t think the academic Catholic people want to be in the SEC and the ACC doesn’t really look stable. Honestly the ACC and PAC look like the big twelve did. They are on their way out. Anyone that disagrees with that isn’t paying attention to the almighty dollar. That is all that matters period. Nothing else seems to be in play. No one cares who’s winning the last five or six years. Just look at Iowa St. No one wants them. That actually kind of makes me smile. Pollard threw shade at Nebraska and now his university is going to be left out.

There is not a kid in his right mind that would not choose any team in the SEC to go to..
Where the money will be for them and as much more screen time on TV

GET TICKETS

Back