• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Husker Conference Realignment Scenario

Does Nebraska join a 20-team SEC?

• No, because we get a lot of advantages from the B1G and this conference is solid.

Votes: 31 56.4%
  • No, because the culture of the SEC goes against everything we stand for

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • Yes, because the SEC is clearly the conference on the rise and this ensures survival.

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Yes, we don’t really fit in the B1G and at least the SEC didn’t try to cancel football last year

Votes: 5 9.1%

• Total voters

They can’t help but be too 25 in revenue with the BIG paycheck. Fans will dwindle if they don’t start winning. They already are.

It absolutely does have to do with winners, and money, of course. They just didn’t take Oklahoma State and Texas Tech, they took OU and Texas. Top 10 programs all time. I mean, that’s a strong league, even stronger with the additions they just made. It’s going to be increasingly difficult for most northern schools. All the power and money is being tilted. I don’t like what’s happening. The sport is being destroyed right in front of us.
Actually Huskers were Top 10 in football revenue in the last full season! If it was only because of their BIG paycheck then all the BIG teams would be Top 10 which isn't the case. Yes Huskers need to start winning but it's still a very lucrative program which far surpasses programs like Colorado and Minn. Again Huskers MUST START winning and obviously the people in charge know it!

football revenue.jpg

Actually Huskers were Top 10 in football revenue in the last full season! If it was only because of their BIG paycheck then all the BIG teams would be Top 10 which isn't the case. Yes Huskers need to start winning but it's still a very lucrative program which far surpasses programs like Colorado and Minn. Again Huskers MUST START winning and obviously the people in charge know it!

View attachment 68069

Interesting we are only $4 measly millions above Wisky. The programs and support aren't even comparable. It is good to see with our 20 years of mediocrity, that we are still a valued brand.

And heck, I'd jump from the B1G to the SEC just to avoid the Kevin "The Clown" Warren and his ongoing failure of leadership.

Interesting we are only $4 measly millions above Wisky. The programs and support aren't even comparable. It is good to see with our 20 years of mediocrity, that we are still a valued brand.

And heck, I'd jump from the B1G to the SEC just to avoid the Kevin "The Clown" Warren and his ongoing failure of leadership.
I find it more interesting that mighty Bama with all it's NC's is only a small fraction higher then the Huskers? So yes winning is important but there's a lot more things that go into giving a program long lasting value.

Last edited:

Bob Bowlbsy is stonewalling OU+UT, saying they will indeed play in the Big XII for four more years.

Meanwhile, Pac-12 commissioner has asked that the playoff expansion talks halt until the conference dust settles.

I doubt either of these things will have any longterm permanence, but it buys everyone TIME.

Expect the B1G to expand, maybe even a full merger with the Pac-12, but I think a 24 conference is more likely.

If we pick up 10 more, I'd say we chase Notre Dame, Kansas, TCU, Colorado, Arizona State, USC, UCLA, Stanford, Oregon and Washington.

Baylor and Oklahoma State on the fringe. Texas Tech, KSU and ISU next tier down.
Texas and OU will not wait that long. They are just saying that in hopes the conference falls apart in the meantime.

If they don’t start winning, those numbers will fall. Losing doesn’t bring fans.

Point I was making is, over the past five years NU is no better than either of those two schools, and many others like them. If this was 1997, NU would be the one of the head chefs at the table. It’s not. Nebraska is going the way of Minnesota. Once a power, bitten by the cold and horrible decisions. Can they recover? I don’t know, but the longer it goes the harder it is.
I think you are missing cthuskers point. We are much different than those two teams. No we have not been winning and in spite of that we still have the revenue, fan base and social and TV followers. Yes we need to start changing the win/loss matrix but for conference alignment it’s revenue not wins and losses. Starting to win more can simply move us even higher in those measurements

I think you are missing cthuskers point. We are much different than those two teams. No we have not been winning and in spite of that we still have the revenue, fan base and social and TV followers. Yes we need to start changing the win/loss matrix but for conference alignment it’s revenue not wins and losses. Starting to win more can simply move us even higher in those measurements
I understood what he was saying. Just saying, right now, outside the Nebraska fan base, NU is completely irrelevant on the field. It just needs to get turned around fast. I don’t think the SEC would have any interest.

I find it more interesting that mighty Bama with all it's NC's is only a small fraction higher then the Huskers? So yes winning is important but there's a lot more things that go into giving a program long lasting value.

Every time I see someone post that Nebraska is no longer at the table because of their record in recent years I chuckle and wonder why ISU is not driving realignment :Biggrin:

I believe we will end up with 2 major conferences.

The BiG X and the S$C.

I think both conferences will expand further with the raiding of the PAC.

The BiG needs to be proactive in getting the cream before it becomes an all out grab and go.

I don't understand those of you who are suggesting that the Huskers would be left out of a 'super conference'

Nebraska is one of just nine blue blood programs in the entire history of college football

Granted, Nebraska football, in this still relatively young century, has become but a shell of it's former self, but the program still carries every bit as much name brand value as does any of it's blue blood peers!

The program still stimulates every bit as much interest as does any of it's blue blood peers!

The program still generates every bit as much excitement as does any of it's blue blood peers!

But nobody today is even aware of - much less cares about - history, you say?
The only thing that matters is what you have done lately?

Well, let's just look at the past ten years, then, shall we?

2011-2020 Texas = .57937% {49th best nationally} - 73 wins, 53 losses
2011-2020 Nebraska = .55285% {57th best nationally} - 68 wins, 55 losses

Obviously, if recent history were the motivation, then no way in hell does the SEC take Texas!

I don't understand those of you who are suggesting that the Huskers would be left out of a 'super conference'

Nebraska is one of just nine blue blood programs in the entire history of college football

Granted, Nebraska football, in this still relatively young century, has become but a shell of it's former self, but the program still carries every bit as much name brand value as does any of it's blue blood peers!

The program still stimulates every bit as much interest as does any of it's blue blood peers!

The program still generates every bit as much excitement as does any of it's blue blood peers!

But nobody today is even aware of - much less cares about - history, you say?
The only thing that matters is what you have done lately?

Well, let's just look at the past ten years, then, shall we?

2011-2020 Texas = .57937% {49th best nationally} - 73 wins, 53 losses
2011-2020 Nebraska = .55285% {57th best nationally} - 68 wins, 55 losses

Obviously, if recent history were the motivation, then no way in hell does the SEC take Texas!

The problem is that even with being a blue blood, NU still doesn't bring a lot of TV sets to the table.

The problem is that even with being a blue blood, NU still doesn't bring a lot of TV sets to the table.
The sparsity of television sets in the state of Nebraska is no longer much of a consideration
Cable tv is dying
The country is moving more and more towards online streaming television services

What matters now is a brand that garners eyeballs by way of stimulating interest and generating excitement

Moving forward, a conglomeration of big name programs is what is going to secure streaming television subscriptions for the so-called 'super conference{s}'

And Nebraska is every bit the level of 'name brand program' as is Oklahoma, Texas, Alabama, Penn St, Ohio St, Michigan, Notre Dame, and Southern California

GET TICKETS

Back