• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Demariyon Houston enters the portal

My goodness, would any of these kids have ever made it without this transfer nonsense? Everyone, everywhere seems to be bailing out when the depth chart comes out and they are 3rd string, even as youngsters. Who’s to ever say these guys wouldn’t blossom with some perseverance in another year, or two? Hell, Osborne made a living off developing players, making them successful in the last 2-3 years in the program. Looks like the days of developing your players has about a 2 year shelf life now. If not, I’m outta here. Frustrating. If Snyder were still coaching, he’d probably build his entire team from the portal (like the juco’s he feasted on). Might be wise to learn how to master the portal and your roster moving forward.

My goodness, would any of these kids have ever made it without this transfer nonsense? Everyone, everywhere seems to be bailing out when the depth chart comes out and they are 3rd string, even as youngsters. Who’s to ever say these guys wouldn’t blossom with some perseverance in another year, or two? Hell, Osborne made a living off developing players, making them successful in the last 2-3 years in the program. Looks like the days of developing your players has about a 2 year shelf life now. If not, I’m outta here. Frustrating. If Snyder were still coaching, he’d probably build his entire team from the portal (like the juco’s he feasted on). Might be wise to learn how to master the portal and your roster moving forward.

In this case the portal is good for him and us

Staying he more than likely sits for 4 years and contributes little. Thus we can hopefully upgrade at his opening and he gets a chance to play somewhere

Win- win for both him and us

My calls for the Transfer Portal over the next few weeks:
R. Johnson
L. Smothers (only if we get a JUCO or Transfer Portal QB)
J. Hannah
E. Mauga_Clemmets
D. Alston
J. Fritzsche

You will notice these are all kids who are in positions with a fair amount of competition who did not see the field much last year, and did not see much work in the spring game either due to injury or competition.
This sets them behind for the fall which is a depressing way to look at summer workouts when you could change your status by transferring.

They are all from outside Nebraska and this also affects kids desire to stay when thinks are not going their way.

GBR

R. Johnson
J. Hannah
E. Mauga_Clemmets
D. Alston
J. Fritzsche

You will notice these are all kids who are in positions with a fair amount of competition who did not see the field much last year, and did not see much work in the spring game either due to injury or competition.
This sets them behind for the fall which is a depressing way to look at summer workouts when you could change your status by transferring.

They are all from outside Nebraska and this also affects kids desire to stay when thinks are not going their way.

GBR
Possible, but Clemmets did see some spring and contributed. Smothers will stay. He's a coaches kid who knows how the business goes. Johnson? will see. think he was dinged this spring.

In this case the portal is good for him and us

Staying he more than likely sits for 4 years and contributes little. Thus we can hopefully upgrade at his opening and he gets a chance to play somewhere

Win- win for both him and us
He isn’t even 20 years old yet. You have absolutely zero idea if he could get better in the next few years and neither do I. You are assuming he sucks, which would be a staff recruiting error. Maybe he needs more time? Again, you don’t know. I was simply pointing out that many guys aren’t ready as early as others. I was making a point that kids give up to easily nowadays. By your theory, every person sitting back on the depth chart should leave, and have no chance of ever getting better.

Last edited:
R. Johnson
J. Hannah
E. Mauga_Clemmets
D. Alston
J. Fritzsche

GBR
I'm not sure why everyone is in a hurry to see Rahmir Johnson leave. He played in 4 games as a true freshman, then appeared in 6 games as a redshirt freshman. He gets a do-over redshirt freshman season in 2021, and running back is maybe the most wide open position heading into the fall. I would guess he may even be able to see some time at the Duck R spot.

Wan'Dale Robinson leaving might have been the best thing for some of these quick, shifty backs.

He isn’t even 20 years old yet. You have absolutely zero idea if he could get better in the next few years and neither do I. You are assuming he sucks, which would be a staff recruiting error. Maybe he needs more time? Again, you don’t know. I was simply pointing out that many guys aren’t ready as early as others. I was making a point that kids give up to easily nowadays. By your theory, every person sitting back on the depth chart should leave, and have no chance of ever getting better.

He is entering his third year having bern passed by fellow recruiting classmates and younger guys

I can pretty much guarantee he is going to be taking up space and not contributing much at all

If your okay with giving a chance on him do be it. I think we can do better with a new recruit

He is not giving up he sees the writing on the wall and wants to go somewhere else and play. Win for him and win for us

It's that simple

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back