• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

In Defense of Scott Frost

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that you know offensive line takes time. If it doesn’t happen this year I will be right there with you. I just have a feeling this line will turn it around. Keep the faith brother.

What about RB and WR? Any comment on the offense getting worse every year? What's the purpose of bringing in juco transfers if they can't contribute? Whose fault is that?

"The will to finish"??? Maybe you should strap on the pads and demonstrate. Maybe you forgot about the one loss games that SF has had. Maybe you forgot about the will to finish when we last beat Wisconsin or last beat a playoff team or last one a bowl game. Riley is what he is but as I'm sure SF appreciates fans like you enabling him and excusing his mistakes away.
You’re in a fun mood today. How is he enabling Frost? That comment is just dumb.

You know this is a BS argument that no one is making so why do it? You're not this intellectually lazy. No one, let me yell it for the hard of hearing, NO ONE IS EXPECTING SABAN RESULTS HERE. NOT A DAMN SOUL EXPECTS THAT. But how about Iowa or Wisconsin? Is that too much? Maybe set the bar a little lower even. Can we have Minnesota results? PJ managed to turn a roster over and develop what he had then beat NU with lower rated classes.

I was exaggerating to make a point. Bringing up Mike Riley recruited players as being the best players to come out of Frost's tenure is also an absurd argument. This year will mark the end of his first recruiting class, and that's when we will see what the results are.
I agree with you that those should be the current expectations, and realistic ones at that. They haven't happened yet, and most of that blame is on Frost (just once again to prove that people like me don't defend Frost at all costs).

We'll see about Fleck if that was just a flash in the pan season 2 years ago. He's a used car salesman and I don't believe he's a long term answer for a program. Iowa and Wisconsin are who they are because of stability and continuity.

What about RB and WR? Any comment on the offense getting worse every year? What's the purpose of bringing in juco transfers if they can't contribute? Whose fault is that?
I agree wide receiver has been really bad. I’m hoping they get that turned around this season. I’m not sure what to think about running back. We hear about how good these guys are but haven’t seen it yet. I like Held a lot but he’s definitely got to produce. His room is full of good young talent. I’m giving Lubick a mulligan for covid.

Last edited:

You’re in a fun mood today. How is he enabling Frost? That comment is just dumb.
Accusing the last players to beat Wisconsin and have a REAL upset over a top 10 team of not having the will to finish may be saddest post I've read here in a long time. Making excuses, assigning blame elsewhere, and looking the other way is the definition of enabling in my book.

I was exaggerating to make a point. Bringing up Mike Riley recruited players as being the best players to come out of Frost's tenure is also an absurd argument. This year will mark the end of his first recruiting class, and that's when we will see what the results are.
I agree with you that those should be the current expectations, and realistic ones at that. They haven't happened yet, and most of that blame is on Frost (just once again to prove that people like me don't defend Frost at all costs).

We'll see about Fleck if that was just a flash in the pan season 2 years ago. He's a used car salesman and I don't believe he's a long term answer for a program. Iowa and Wisconsin are who they are because of stability and continuity.
Fleck is a dirt bag, but he and the rest of the upper crust of the BIGW are Frost's daddy. Fleck was at least able to develop what he had. The only coaches to do that at Nebraska currently are on the defensive side of the ball.

I agree wide receiver has been really bad. I’m hoping they get that turned around this season. I’m not sure what to think about running back. We hear about how good these guys are but haven’t seen it yet. I like Held a lot but he’s definitely got to produce. His room is full of good young talent. I’m giving Lubick a mulligan for covid.
Look, I'm completely with you on this take, but aren't you at least a little concerned that Lubick popped smoke and disappeared as soon as the season was over? It's not really rumor anymore that it was basically the offense that decided not to play a bowl game. We talk about soft ass Riley culture all the time, but yet we have half the team tapping out last December.

Fleck is a dirt bag, but he and the rest of the upper crust of the BIGW are Frost's daddy. Fleck was at least able to develop what he had. The only coaches to do that at Nebraska currently are on the defensive side of the ball.

We'll see if what Fleck did was a long term thing or one year.

The defensive side of the ball has definitely improved much more than the offensive side, but there are examples of guys on the offense that have gotten better. I hope they put it together this year.

I'd love for Fleck to be a one hit wonder. I can't stand the guy and bandwagon Gopher fans are insufferable. Texas Iowa too while we are at it and the rest of the conference. I want to win so badly so I can rub their noses in crap and remind them who their wives fantasize about and who their kids call hero.
We'll see if what Fleck did was a long term thing or one year.

The defensive side of the ball has definitely improved much more than the offensive side, but there are examples of guys on the offense that have gotten better. I hope they put it together this year.

Last edited:
You mean like SF at UFC? Is he a good coach? Was Saban a good coach at MSU? Plenty of examples of coaches who were just average until they had superior talent.
Saban made MSU better than before he got there. SF did that at UCF also. Improvement. Maybe it’s happening at Nebraska, but so far, we sure as hell can’t see it. I have no doubt he has improved the talent at NU. However, results have to be seen on saturdays eventually. I’m holding out hope that everything starts falling into place beginning this fall. We will see.

Look, I'm completely with you on this take, but aren't you at least a little concerned that Lubick popped smoke and disappeared as soon as the season was over? It's not really rumor anymore that it was basically the offense that decided not to play a bowl game. We talk about soft ass Riley culture all the time, but yet we have half the team tapping out last December.
And sadly that was to be expected, because when he was hired he said that one of the reasons he was excited to get back into coaching at Nebraska was that it meant he would be close enough to his home and family in Colorado so that he could get back to visit regularly.

And sadly that was to be expected, because when he was hired he said that one of the reasons he was excited to get back into coaching at Nebraska was that it meant he would be close enough to his home and family in Colorado so that he could get back to visit regularly.
I have zero issues with him going home, but the players needed him too. I just don't get the feeling his as invested in them as they needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back