• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

In Defense of Scott Frost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, I'm completely with you on this take, but aren't you at least a little concerned that Lubick popped smoke and disappeared as soon as the season was over? It's not really rumor anymore that it was basically the offense that decided not to play a bowl game. We talk about soft ass Riley culture all the time, but yet we have half the team tapping out last December.
Yes I have some concerns and questions. Lubick is unproven and better start developing the young guys. I’m also concerned with our lack of an outside pass rusher going into year four. I’m not sold on Mario yet. I believe Adrienne is good but not great and has a lot to prove this season. The running game and inability to just get a couple yards for a first down concern me. No QB sneak in short yardage situations also upset me last year. Frosts poor clock management is a worry also. I think that will all get better this season with a big physical offensive line.

"The will to finish"??? Maybe you should strap on the pads and demonstrate. Maybe you forgot about the one loss games that SF has had. Maybe you forgot about the will to finish when we last beat Wisconsin or last beat a playoff team or last one a bowl game. Riley is what he is but as I'm sure SF appreciates fans like you enabling him and excusing his mistakes away.
Reading comprehension is a valuable skill...

I don’t think those names strike any fear into opposing teams. There was not much talent that frost inherited.
As I said Frost, has improved the roster especially on the lines but is there a player this staff has recruited that you could say strikes fear in any of our opponents.

Reading comprehension is a valuable skill...
Since I am obviously talking to the legendary Bear Bryant, which one score games did we not have the will to win in the Riley years and how are they different than losing one score games under Scott Frost? Did we somehow regain the will to win against Wisconsin, UCLA, Oregon and Michigan State? By the way all four of those wins were better than any win in 3 years with SF. Congratulations, I didn't think it was possible but I've seen another new way to prop up SF with a Riley failure. Well done.

Accusing the last players to beat Wisconsin and have a REAL upset over a top 10 team of not having the will to finish may be saddest post I've read here in a long time. Making excuses, assigning blame elsewhere, and looking the other way is the definition of enabling in my book.
Ummm... When did I accuse the 2012 team of not having the will to finish?

I don't want to get in a p#$$ing match with you, but if you think I'm making excuses, enabling, or that I'm not willing to strap on the pads and finish, you have no idea who I am.

Look, I'm completely with you on this take, but aren't you at least a little concerned that Lubick popped smoke and disappeared as soon as the season was over? It's not really rumor anymore that it was basically the offense that decided not to play a bowl game. We talk about soft ass Riley culture all the time,
Sorry but Frost said the vote had to be unanimous
Look, I'm completely with you on this take, but aren't you at least a little concerned that Lubick popped smoke and disappeared as soon as the season was over? It's not really rumor anymore that it was basically the offense that decided not to play a bowl game. We talk about soft ass Riley culture all the time, but yet we have half the team tapping out last December.
Sorry but Frost said the vote had to be unanimous. A couple or even 1 player could have canceled our bowl plans.

Elwood von Kiowa said:
2015: Losing record; went to bowl game on a technicality; lost several 1-score games because the team didn't have the will to finish.

2016: 9-win season against the easiest schedule in memory. Or does everyone forget when we were 7-0, ranked in the top 10, and all the ESPN dudes laughing at us being undefeated (shortly before we took a big fall). Then getting stomped by Iowa to finish off the year (and losing to anyone with a pulse).

It's unfortunate that history only really focuses on the W-L record, i.e. it doesn't matter if we lose to Iowa or Wisconsin on a last-second FG 5 years in a row, the L still shows up on the record, just as much as if it were a 50-point blowout. And the "displacement" doesn't indicate the "acceleration", i.e. the W-L record doesn't give any clue as to if the team is getting better or gravitating into mediocrity.

Even counting the number of 1-score losses to compare MR to SF doesn't provide accurate data. Losing a 1-score game because you keep shooting yourself in the foot with penalties (but still giving good effort) is totally different from losing a 1-score game because you don't have the fortitude to finish. But those who use statistics to compare coaching success don't take those things into account.

Yes I have some concerns and questions. Lubick is unproven and better start developing the young guys. I’m also concerned with our lack of an outside pass rusher going into year four. I’m not sold on Mario yet. I believe Adrienne is good but not great and has a lot to prove this season. The running game and inability to just get a couple yards for a first down concern me. No QB sneak in short yardage situations also upset me last year. Frosts poor clock management is a worry also. I think that will all get better this season with a big physical offensive line.
Rocky's wife?

Ummm... When did I accuse the 2012 team of not having the will to finish?

I don't want to get in a p#$$ing match with you, but if you think I'm making excuses, enabling, or that I'm not willing to strap on the pads and finish, you have no idea who I am.
And my bad, I had forgotten we lost a close one to Wisconsin during Riley's tenure. There goes my revisionist history but I will still contend it's absurd to accuse his teams of not having the will to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back