• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Must Read: Very Interesting Analysis Of The Transfer Portal

Well, Bowmans Certainly the Gators top guy now.
Guess we'll never know

No one knows the future but there's a very high likelihood that Bowman would have still been a backup. Dixon hurt his knee during Fall Camp this year. But he's proven to be a very good back.

I can't make sense out of your first couple of sentences. We'll disagree on Scott's performance evaluation. I think a significant portion of the fan base believes that most of what's occurred over the past few years is not on Frost but simply circumstantial. He inherited a mess and football is just changing.

The Tweet in the OP and this thread are great examples. The consensus is that WR/JD leaving is something that happens everywhere. Frost had no control over it, and it's part of the game now. I disagree and think that it's predominately if not squarely on Frost. He could have done many things differently to give those kids reasons to stay, not the least of which is playing in a bowl game when the competitors on your team want to play.
There’s more to the JD thing than Frost. It sucks losing contributors but really these guys aren’t irreplaceable.

No one knows the future but there's a very high likelihood that Bowman would have still been a backup. Dixon hurt his knee during Fall Camp this year. But he's proven to be a very good back.
Possibly
I just know Bowman is projected three and done, runs a 4.47, is bigger, and has a mid 10 100 meter
Dixon was a low 4 star, if you believe in such things

This year was a very odd year, still is, but I wont go there.

To evaluate off of this year is tough, and while few teams have lost more, no teams are as unique as us either, as our location has always been a greater burden in our recruiting, and we've taken plenty of chances over several staffs.

If you werent familiar with how things were before on attrition, we could start listing names of no shows, hangers on that wouldnt or couldnt transfer, guys who got hurt we honored their schollys, where other teams found ways to rid themselves of healthy players etc etc.

We win, it all goes away, except the learning, that never ends

Possibly
I just know Bowman is projected three and done, runs a 4.47, is bigger, and has a mid 10 100 meter
Dixon was a low 4 star, if you believe in such things

Not possibly. Highly likely. I'm not just looking stuff up trying to make a silly comparison. Dixon averaged nearly 9 ypc his true freshman year. Over 6 ypc his sophomore year. Playing a lot. He's very good healthy. Bowman got a few carries against Wake Forest and The Citadel in mop up duty. Big deal. Yes, he's talented. He still wasn't unseating Dixon next year. He would have played a lot. But it's not at all akin to us losing our best skill players in back to back years.

I hope you're right, but we've yet to see it.
We see these kids at other schools. We just don’t seem to see them here yet. I know I’ve been hard on JD but honestly he’s not a top three round guy to me. He doesn’t have elite speed or size. I’m not saying he’s not good but we should be able to recruit a stud wide receiver some day. Maybe Betts, Manning, or the new transfer??

Not possibly. Highly likely. I'm not just looking stuff up trying to make a silly comparison. Dixon averaged nearly 9 ypc his true freshman year. Over 6 ypc his sophomore year. Playing a lot. He's very good healthy. Bowman got a few carries against Wake Forest and The Citadel in mop up duty. Big deal. Yes, he's talented. He still wasn't unseating Dixon next year. He would have played a lot. But it's not at all akin to us losing our best skill players in back to back years.
You sure?
And no, I never said both players, you adding on too?
So, in your opinion, was he Clemsons seventh best back?

Last edited:

We see these kids at other schools. We just don’t seem to see them here yet. I know I’ve been hard on JD but honestly he’s not a top three round guy to me. He doesn’t have elite speed or size. I’m not saying he’s not good but we should be able to recruit a stud wide receiver some day. Maybe Betts, Manning, or the new transfer??

I believe JD had his unique issues, but what precipitated that we'll never know. His moving on was probably for the best of all involved. We still haven't replaced Morgan's production either. We've gotta start hitting on recruits and transfers at these WR positions. I don't know if it's scheme, development, or poor evaluation by the staff during recruitment, but something is definitely amiss there.

I believe JD had his unique issues, but what precipitated that we'll never know. His moving on was probably for the best of all involved. We still haven't replaced Morgan's production either. We've gotta start hitting on recruits and transfers at these WR positions. I don't know if it's scheme, development, or poor evaluation by the staff during recruitment, but something is definitely amiss there.
Stans production has been missed more than Wandales will be.
No one close to Stan, JD was close to Wandale in production.
We can easily get another JD or better. If we dont already have one

Stans production has been missed more than Wandales will be.
No one close to Stan, JD was close to Wandale in production.
We can easily get another JD or better. If we dont already have one

JD and WR had different roles so comparing them is a little like comparing apples to oranges. Most of WR's production was on the ground when he was used as a running back.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back