• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Wandale....

The common denominator in the transfer portal is IMPATIENCE. Kids are unwilling to work to earn their playing time, or unwilling to wait to get their PT.
I agree and it goes way beyond football at Nebraska. I retired from Federal work Dec 31, 2019, so I have been "retired" a bit over a year. But I have been helping 2 friends do some miscellaneous work, mostly for hunting rights on their private land. (My boys and I harvested 3 whitetail bucks and I actually ate my MZ tag so could of gotten a 4th). Anyway, 2 totally different people, 1 a "time is money" contractor, 1 a "I work on my land and take my time and don't work too hard" person. Both told me almost the same thing and I will paraphrase, "Kids today (they meant by "kids" anyone age 16-25ish) do NOT want to work." One (the non-contractor) said when he could get a "kid", all they wanted to do was minimal work and get paid immediately. The contractor stopped even trying to get them. And both pay almost double minimum wage. (I don't want to work more than it takes to get hunting rights so I don't get that $$ but I could if I wanted cause I do "work"). So it is the new generation of "always have had internet, smart phones, social media, etc" and it is not just at/in Nebraska, it is most of the civilized world.....it is reality.....And with the NCAA giving in to everything and having the transfer portal, it is just entitling EVERY athlete, every sport, every where, though it is obvious it doesn't affect the Alabama's, OSU's, Clemson, etc, of the CFB world like it does Nebraska.

I think being a great player does not apply to being a good coach. Kinda like being a crappy player does not mean you won't be great coach. I judge HC's by their HC resume and that is it. How many great OC's both college and NFL end up being terrible HC's.
Not a coordinator, but Bill Callahan was considered one of the best OL coaches in the NFL for several years. He also has his face on the wall of a Husker Bar in Lenexa, KS under a toilet seat lid.

I think being a great player does not apply to being a good coach. Kinda like being a crappy player does not mean you won't be great coach. I judge HC's by their HC resume and that is it. How many great OC's both college and NFL end up being terrible HC's.

C
SF is a former Husker great as a player
SF played for great coaching icons
SF played in the NFL
SF coached as an assistant at Oregon in UO’s heydays
SF has head coaching experience prior to NU

What else you want?
Urban Meyer or Nick Saban?

SF came to NU with a much stronger resume than BP. He had/has a stronger resume than FS. MR had more head coaching experience but would you really take him over SF?

Arguing that SF isn’t qualified to be NU’s coach is silly. What do want? Who do you think we realistically can get?

So Robinson still isn't in the transfer portal. Is it possible that all this smoke is coming from a different fire?

Ok, copy that.....seems about right though the WR who couldn't play due to a non-signed release was this year. But as I said, I could be (and probably am) wrong. Thanks for the clarification!!
And because the NCAA is the NCAA and has to make things difficult, I think they left a door open in their wording so that conferences could enact restrictions within their own conference regarding transfers. But to this point, I do not believe any P5 conference has restricted any player movement on those grounds.

SF played in the NFL

What else you want?

SF came to NU with a much stronger resume than BP. He had/has a stronger resume than FS. MR had more head coaching experience but would you really take him over SF?

Arguing that SF isn’t qualified to be NU’s coach is silly. What do want? Who do you think we realistically can get?

Oh My God Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

SF played in the NFL

What else you want?

We all wanted hiim. I was 100% onboard. It was that background that got all of us excited. But this argument, today, makes no sense as he has proven that in some cases, all the experience in the world can't make you a great CEO. We are seeing it today.

I'm sorry. But it is ok to say we were wrong....or at minimum, it appears to be a big mistake based on three years of history. It is reasonable to question whether he is now qualified to lead this team. And it doesn't make anyone less of a fan either. It is called realism.

Last edited:

Not a coordinator, but Bill Callahan was considered one of the best OL coaches in the NFL for several years. He also has his face on the wall of a Husker Bar in Lenexa, KS under a toilet seat lid.
As a Cleveland Browns fans, Bill Callahan is a great offensive mind. I have always said that he was a DCoordinator away from being successful here.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back