• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Wandale....

The common denominator in the transfer portal is IMPATIENCE. Kids are unwilling to work to earn their playing time, or unwilling to wait to get their PT.

You must be my age.

We're ten years behind the curve.

EVERYTHING is instant gratification or the illusion of instant gratification or they're gone.

The days of a kid waiting until his fifth year senior season to start his first game are over.

Play me or trade me.

It's a curse.

You must be my age.

EVERYTHING is instant gratification or the illusion of instant gratification or they're gone.

The days of a kid waiting until his fifth year senior season to start his first game are over.

Play me or trade me.

It's a curse.

I'm ALMOST 50.

Also, I'm sure most of the players, who are ALL good, have been told from day 1, "You are great." Inflated self-egos.

I'm ALMOST 50.

Also, I'm sure most of the players, who are ALL good, have been told from day 1, "You are great." Inflated self-egos.

OK. You win.

I think the difference is year ago when a kid made it to D1 football, he was told 'You don't like it, go home. We've got ten kids behind you who want to play'.

That's changed.

Almost 50?

Really?

But...if you move LM outside, what do you do about QB depth? AM gets hurt every year. By all accounts, LS wasn't close to being ready this year. Not sure he is even next year. That is a scary proposition. I know LM struggled this year, but he at least has 2 years in the offense and some experience. Tough tough decisions ahead for Scott, that's for sure.
Hopefully actually getting spring practice will help Logan's development. As much as I like AM as a person, I'm afraid we know what we'll get from him if he is trotted out as the starter regardless of who is or isn't here for him to throw to.

Beyond his playing experience ... which doesn’t need to be shared.
His collegiate playing experience underneath Walsh and Osborn.

His 5 years as an NFL player.

His 13 years as a collegiate assistant ... including NU, KSU and Oregon.
His coordinator experience at Oregon.
His head coaching experience at UCF.

Much more impressive resume than Pelini ... who had ZERO head coaching experience. Frankly more impressive than Riley ... who had an overall losing record.
Hate to be cynical, but my middle school valedictorian and prom king honors likely had no bearing whatsoever on that UNL electrical power generation class I got a C in.

I personally think we should stop this discussion right now and wait for any official announcement.

We are all just speculating. And in this case, on a subject that is just depressing and not fun at all.

And it hasn’t even happened.

Hell, I don’t even know why were doing it.

So I’m going to take my own advice and post no more comments in this thread until we know for certain what is going to happen.
What???? There were about a bazillion pages on JD's "possible" transfer before it became official. Wan'dale will leave for sure if he thinks nobody cares!

You must be my age.

Play me or trade me.

It's a curse.
I Want It Now GIFs | Tenor

C

The transfer rules changed after Frost came to Nebarska. If I remember correctly, it happened around the time of Lindsey and Bell transferring out. From that point on, I believe what @jikastew mentions is correct. Blocking where someone goes is a thing of the past.
Ok, copy that.....seems about right though the WR who couldn't play due to a non-signed release was this year. But as I said, I could be (and probably am) wrong. Thanks for the clarification!!

You almost have to begin questioning this when 9 of the 21 in the portal from 2020 never found a landing spot. Those that did a large number landed outside of Power 5 schools...not a great look for the program.
Well, at the risk of sounding like the Scrooge, this is, IMO, the silver lining on this crappy thing called the transfer portal....as noted in various sites, there are WAYYYYYYY MOREEEEEEEEE athletes in there than spots available, at least as it pertains to OWER 5 schools. I am wondering if the recent FL transfer out, who ended up at freakin' Toledo, was hoping for a FSU, Miami, Florida, or, at worse, a UCF, FAU, FIU, etc but was told, "sorry no spot for you" and then had to take anything he could find. I mean, you don't leave Nebraska as a "hardly was here" player cause you found a spot at your dream school, Tolded. (No knock on Toledo, but it is what it is).

Getting info 2nd or 3rd hand leaves a lot to question & I refrained from posting this until it has blown up in a 12 page thread with at least one reputable journalist in the mix.

Regarding the young man who passed on the information, I do trust his integrity as I have watched him grow up these past 21 years and am close friends with the parents. He has referenced his roommate being friends with Wan’dale several times over last two years. I am not going to speculate how close is the roommate with Wan’dale... my impression from the neighbors past conversations is that they grew up in same city & public schools.
Copy. Again, wasn't doubting you or your friend just wondering how reliable info would be from a kid who doesn't even go to Kentucky but instead goes to WKY. But they still talk so I would deem that pretty reliable....

Hopefully actually getting spring practice will help Logan's development. As much as I like AM as a person, I'm afraid we know what we'll get from him if he is trotted out as the starter regardless of who is or isn't here for him to throw to.
Everyone in our QB room has the physical skills to start. We need to find the QB who can consistently, decisively and quickly make the right decision on Saturday's. QB competition? You bet, but AM has won that competition in practice 3 years in a row with the results on Saturday's being less than stellar. Even in year 1 he made the occasional WTH decision? I'd hoped he could take that next step, but if he hasn't taken it by now I doubt he ever will. Keep the short leash on AM and if he is unable to take that next step, let's see what Logan can do. If WR bolts, I'd consider moving LM to slot. He's no WR, but he has too much talent to ride the pine for another 2 to 4 years.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back