• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

N2FL Ranks the 2021 Commits

Because his All Star game is canceled he will announce and sign next week. No definitive date yet but assumed it will be NSD of 16 December

Analysis: Similar to Wisconsin, Nebraska relies on official visits to get kids on its campus because they just don’t have a lot of talent within driving distance of campus. The Cornhuskers, though, sign what is currently the fourth-ranked class in the Big Ten in part because they hit on a high rate of “backyard” talent. Nine of the 19 prospects who signed with Nebraska last week reside either in-state or in bordering states, which is a notably higher percentage than recent classes.

Two of those prospects – tight end Thomas Fidone and offensive tackle Teddy Prochazka – rank among the top 100 overall prospects in the class.

Grade: A-

Analysis: Similar to Wisconsin, Nebraska relies on official visits to get kids on its campus because they just don’t have a lot of talent within driving distance of campus. The Cornhuskers, though, sign what is currently the fourth-ranked class in the Big Ten in part because they hit on a high rate of “backyard” talent. Nine of the 19 prospects who signed with Nebraska last week reside either in-state or in bordering states, which is a notably higher percentage than recent classes.

Two of those prospects – tight end Thomas Fidone and offensive tackle Teddy Prochazka – rank among the top 100 overall prospects in the class.

Jeremy you rock. Thank you

I read over and over again how the SF staff has failed in recruiting local talent, made all kinds of mistakes and when they do take a local kid, it is the wrong one. I just don't see how the grade can be A-. :)

However, in all seriousness, I do think there is probably more distance between a class like Bama or OSU or Clemson than represented by A+ and A-. I don't think anyone should really complain too much about the class as a whole, but maybe it should be more B ish?? If only to leave room for improvement in future years?

I got to thinking after the discussion about whether or not Ho'ohuli plays early, and this doesn't necessarily relate to Ho'ohuli, but this staff needs to do a better job of gauging the importance of early playing time with some of these kids - especially kids who are coming from 1500 miles away (or 3800 in his case).

I think it's a big factor as to why most kids transfer. It's tough to come from Miami, Los Angeles, Dallas, Atlanta, etc, where you're away from friends and family for the first time in your life, and then to not have football (the reason you left) help keep you occupied and engaged while you get acclimated. It can be really difficult for a lot of kids coming from far away who are used to a completely different culture, climate, etc. It's a tough sell to sit and wait, especially when the team is winning at a .375 clip. Hard for these kids to come in and sit and watch their team lose. Situations like Delancy, Fleming and Butler flare up easier when that's the norm.

Frost also needs to do a lot better at vetting the kids he's grabbing from these hotbeds that he needs to have a presence in. Should he really have recruited a guy like Francois in the first place? Even without the benefit of hindsight, is it really in Nebraska's best interest to recruit kids who have decommitted multiple times? Is anyone really shocked he transferred?

Nebraska signed a top 20 class last year, yet they've already lost 20% of it in less than a calendar year. All guys who were among the top rated kids in it. Fans get more excited to see recruits like François because they have an extra star next to their name, but this team would be better off with guys like Tamon Lynum and Braxton Clark, guys who were "only" three stars that a guy like Travis Fisher loved.

My long winded point is, the staff needs to take less risks with higher rated kids, and stick with guys they really like, even if recruiting services disagree. I think they've done that with several kids in the '21 class.

I got to thinking after the discussion about whether or not Ho'ohuli plays early, and this doesn't necessarily relate to Ho'ohuli, but this staff needs to do a better job of gauging the importance of early playing time with some of these kids - especially kids who are coming from 1500 miles away (or 3800 in his case).

I think it's a big factor as to why most kids transfer. It's tough to come from Miami, Los Angeles, Dallas, Atlanta, etc, where you're away from friends and family for the first time in your life, and then to not have football (the reason you left) help keep you occupied and engaged while you get acclimated. It can be really difficult for a lot of kids coming from far away who are used to a completely different culture, climate, etc. It's a tough sell to sit and wait, especially when the team is winning at a .375 clip. Hard for these kids to come in and sit and watch their team lose. Situations like Delancy, Fleming and Butler flare up easier when that's the norm.

Frost also needs to do a lot better at vetting the kids he's grabbing from these hotbeds that he needs to have a presence in. Should he really have recruited a guy like Francois in the first place? Even without the benefit of hindsight, is it really in Nebraska's best interest to recruit kids who have decommitted multiple times? Is anyone really shocked he transferred?

Nebraska signed a top 20 class last year, yet they've already lost 20% of it in less than a calendar year. All guys who were among the top rated kids in it. Fans get more excited to see recruits like François because they have an extra star next to their name, but this team would be better off with guys like Tamon Lynum and Braxton Clark, guys who were "only" three stars that a guy like Travis Fisher loved.

My long winded point is, the staff needs to take less risks with higher rated kids, and stick with guys they really like, even if recruiting services disagree. I think they've done that with several kids in the '21 class.
Fish has said, he's going to keep swinging for the fences

Agree 100% Great analysis.

Butler? Did I miss something or forgetting someone?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back