• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Charlie Brewer - Transfer Portal

ThrowFar60

Scout Team
5 Year Member
It’s not secret that I’m big on AM. I think he’s a good kid and the right person for the job. However if he isn’t, and the coaches decide to go transfer portal, this is the only guy I would like to see.

It’s not secret that I’m big on AM. I think he’s a good kid and the right person for the job. However if he isn’t, and the coaches decide to go transfer portal, this is the only guy I would like to see.

I might agree-lost out on the MM sweepstakes, if they were interested. Charlie is a good player, my Baylor friend will be crying tonight-he loved the young man.
but after reading Frost's comments on the portal, don't expect anything to happen

Last edited:
I might agree-lost out on the MM sweepstakes, if they were interested. Charlie is a good player, my Baylor friend will be crying tonight-he loved the young man.
but after reading Frost's comments on the portal, don't expect anything to happen
MM was just too risky for me. Wasn’t worth taking the risk of rattling the QB room for someone who may be a fraction of his old self after that gruesome leg injury.

I was excited when I saw the post. I like Brewer. I didn't realize he's a Senior. Because Frost every week lists all the players who aren't ready yet, I don't think he can afford to bring in Grad Transfer QBs, and take away reps from young QBs who need to learn the overly complex and ineffective offense.

I would like to see him come to NU but why would he come to a program with 4 straight losing seasons?

I was excited when I saw the post. I like Brewer. I didn't realize he's a Senior. Because Frost every week lists all the players who aren't ready yet, I don't think he can afford to bring in Grad Transfer QBs, and take away reps from young QBs who need to learn the overly complex and ineffective offense.
Can he afford to stick with what he has for another 1 or 2 years though?

This team needs a QB who can make the throws with consistency. I don't think AM or LM are it. Maybe Smothers or Haarberg or someone else young and coming is . . . but Frost should get a transfer like this kid. I think you have to take your chances with chemistry.

But I'm kind of thinking Frost will stick to his own cooking. Which may, ultimately, be his downfall if one of his QBs can't run the passing game required.

This team needs a QB who can make the throws with consistency. I don't think AM or LM are it. Maybe Smothers or Haarberg or someone else young and coming is . . . but Frost should get a transfer like this kid. I think you have to take your chances with chemistry.

But I'm kind of thinking Frost will stick to his own cooking. Which may, ultimately, be his downfall if one of his QBs can't run the passing game required.

I tend to agree. I wish you were wrong.

Sticking with the current group of QBs almost seems like giving up on the next season or two. And what is the plan for after AM is done in 2021 or 2022? McCaffrey's passing would have to improve so much for him to be a viable starter at QB down the road.

Another Qb in the portal to consider:
Garret Shrader:

Very good dual that QB from MSU (Mississippi not Michigan), Fantastic high school stats, very good college stats in limited time on the field.
Freshman year very similar to AM.
Big kid 6.4 1/2 215 lbs,

GBR

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back