• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Charlie Brewer - Transfer Portal

I would love to have Brewer for a year. I think he is a better passer than what we have and a decent runner. I don’t think we should count on AM being healthy. His shoulder is a never-ending issue.

Brewer has history of concussions. I think he has had 3-4 in his career at Baylor.

Three or more concussions? Hope someone talks him into calling it a career.

Pretty sure he had 2 last year. One early in the year and then I think he had one in the Big 12 CG. That put him out of the game about half way through the game. I just seem to remember he had had one in a previous year.

It’s not secret that I’m big on AM. I think he’s a good kid and the right person for the job. However if he isn’t, and the coaches decide to go transfer portal, this is the only guy I would like to see.

I'm curious your thoughts...

Do you think the staff has to decide if AM is the guy, and if he is, they can't bring someone else in to try and win the job? Or do you think they should figure out if he has the tools to be what they need and if they come to the conclusion he isn't, bring this guy in?

Just curious.

I'm curious your thoughts...

Do you think the staff has to decide if AM is the guy, and if he is, they can't bring someone else in to try and win the job? Or do you think they should figure out if he has the tools to be what they need and if they come to the conclusion he isn't, bring this guy in?

Just curious.
It’s kind of the same question, but I think it’s the latter.

Honestly though, I think it has more to do with the psyche of the QB room than anything else. Frost has let his mouth dig himself into a deep hole with comments over the years. From “do you think he’s better than what we’ve got” to “Luke is the future of this program”.

I just don’t know how he can get caught putting his foot into his mouth, and then bring in a Grad Transfer, and he not look like a phony. I just think it makes him lose credibility.
Just my .02

This team needs a QB who can make the throws with consistency. I don't think AM or LM are it. Maybe Smothers or Haarberg or someone else young and coming is . . . but Frost should get a transfer like this kid. I think you have to take your chances with chemistry.

But I'm kind of thinking Frost will stick to his own cooking. Which may, ultimately, be his downfall if one of his QBs can't run the passing game required.
Spot on

I think they're going to go with what they have, whether it be Martinez or someone else in the room. You don't bring a guy like Brewer in unless you're one player away...and this team certainly isn't that.

It’s kind of the same question, but I think it’s the latter.

Honestly though, I think it has more to do with the psyche of the QB room than anything else. Frost has let his mouth dig himself into a deep hole with comments over the years. From “do you think he’s better than what we’ve got” to “Luke is the future of this program”.

I just don’t know how he can get caught putting his foot into his mouth, and then bring in a Grad Transfer, and he not look like a phony. I just think it makes him lose credibility.
Just my .02
I believe Frost is of the opinion Adrian is everything we need as a QB, if that is truly the case you probably don't go transfer portal (thus why we didn't go the Milton route). With that said, I don't have any problem going after some freshman and saying "we are looking for someone for when Martinez leaves, we need to have someone ready" and if they are on board with that, that's great because it doesn't screw up the room for 2021. I just don't think transfer portal guys are looking for a place that you have a 1-2 year wait still, then you get to compete for a job. They are looking for something more solid. Anyone worth anything that is.

Anyway, I think they really like their QB room, it just needs more development. So transfer QB probably not as high on the list as OLB or DB.

I believe Frost is of the opinion Adrian is everything we need as a QB, if that is truly the case you probably don't go transfer portal (thus why we didn't go the Milton route). With that said, I don't have any problem going after some freshman and saying "we are looking for someone for when Martinez leaves, we need to have someone ready" and if they are on board with that, that's great because it doesn't screw up the room for 2021. I just don't think transfer portal guys are looking for a place that you have a 1-2 year wait still, then you get to compete for a job. They are looking for something more solid. Anyone worth anything that is.

Anyway, I think they really like their QB room, it just needs more development. So transfer QB probably not as high on the list as OLB or DB.
I think you are correct. I'm not sure how Frost comes to that conclusion though based on what we have seen on the field the last two seasons. If AM is the guy, wouldn't it be showing by the end of his 3rd year as the primary starting QB?

I think you are correct. I'm not sure how Frost comes to that conclusion though based on what we have seen on the field the last two seasons. If AM is the guy, wouldn't it be showing by the end of his 3rd year as the primary starting QB?
I get it. I think they see Ohio state, Iowa, and other games where he sets school records for completions and try to figure out how they can get him consistently doing that. Like you said year 3 probably will be the same as year 4 but I think they are optimistic that’s not the case.

Pretty sure he had 2 last year. One early in the year and then I think he had one in the Big 12 CG. That put him out of the game about half way through the game. I just seem to remember he had had one in a previous year.

Very much a concern as this points out. With 4 I think I would call it a day

I get it. I think they see Ohio state, Iowa, and other games where he sets school records for completions and try to figure out how they can get him consistently doing that. Like you said year 3 probably will be the same as year 4 but I think they are optimistic that’s not the case.
Right on!

The completion percentages in those games were exceptional. The problem is very few of those completions were 10+ yards downfield, so we end up scoring just 17 points with 75% completion rate vs. tOSU and just 20 points with 90% completion rate against Iowa. We are not going to win many games scoring in the teens or low 20s.

Right on!

The completion percentages in those games were exceptional. The problem is very few of those completions were 10+ yards downfield, so we end up scoring just 17 points with 75% completion rate vs. tOSU and just 20 points with 90% completion rate against Iowa. We are not going to win many games scoring in the teens or low 20s.
I'd agree. I'm a bigger fan of AMart than most on here it appears, and that may stem from me knowing the gap between a healthy him and McCaffrey, Smothers, and Masker. But next year is basically going to make or break if Frost made the right decision sticking with him or not finding someone else.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back