• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Weatherman's Fightin' Phillies Thread

Hahaha.

Wanna go to a game?

Yea! Sure! Let me grab my flares in case we need to light it up at midfield!

i occasionally kid reign about this... soccer fans (outside the US) are absolutely insane... and violence is an option they are frequently ready to pursue. :)

and i seem to remember you attended on a bad weather day... so probably didn't get the best of days to judge it. but it really is perfect for watching baseball... not a bad seat...and tremendous food.

yeah the weather was crappy, but i loved the open concourses..i think i watched each inning from a different place just get a different view

yeah the weather was crappy, but i loved the open concourses..i think i watched each inning from a different place just get a different view

i've done the same... there's plenty of great places to stand (eat, drink) and watch the game. making me itch to go to a game soon! :)

And so life goes on, chug a lug, chug alug. While I dislike Phillie, I do sort of respect their fans, but I will admit less in baseball than the other sports. That, of course, is because they are in the NL and thus contendors against my Cardinals. If they are competing against me, I wish them nothing but evil, but if the evildoings that day are best for me, then let them whip up on somebodyl It is a fight to the finish each year, and so I wish nothing but bad things upon the enemy, the ones who are trying to steal my breakfast from my morning table!

Last edited:
And so life goes on, chug a lug, chug alug. While I dislike Phillie, I do sort of respect their fans, but I will admit less in baseball than the other sports. That, of course, is because they are in the NL and thus contendors against my Cardinals. If they are competing against me, I wish them nothing but evil, but if the evildoings that day are best for me, then let them whip up on somebodyl It is a fight to the finish each year, and so I wish nothing but bad things upon the enemy, the ones who are trying to steal my breakfast from my morning table!

here! here!

that said, you certainly don't hate us as much as the cubbies. :)

the 5-1 phillies are at the braves tonight... still in the top of the 1st, and the phils already have 2 runs across! :) Philadelphia leads the majors with a .353 team batting average -- wow! and they aren't doing that with the long ball much. seems they've learned small ball and are performing quite well, thank you. :) the top six batters are all hitting .292 or better... 4 of the 6 are hitting .346 or better. while they won't keep up those numbers all season, if they continue to hit well, they are in very good shape with their starting rotation (though cole hamels had better turn things around on his next start).

The Phillies destroyed the Bravos today. I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Atlanta cracks me up... I actually don't hate them (the Yanks and Mets are my hated teams), but I've always been embarrassed by their fan base.

Plenty of Phillies fans there today -- making all sorts of noise. Loved it! ATL always has plenty of available tickets for the visitors. For a team that's one of the most consistently good squads over the past 20 years, they have the darndest time selling out their stadium (I find this disturbing). Actually, they did sell out game one (not sure if they did today, but definitely some large sections of empty seats). Just watch as the season progresses. 61.9% of capacity in 2010 -- and the Braves lead the division for most of the season! Atlanta has Ted Turner to thank -- his TBS broadcasts of the Braves over the years gave them a cable-induced fan base -- otherwise, they'd be ultra-pathetic.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back