• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Illinois @ Nebraska Game Thread (11/21/20)

Pretty dang sad that a linebacker, who I don’t know who has played a single down this year, comes in and actually made either two or three tackles and every single time he wrapped up. Pretty dang sad that the regular linebackers try to use her shoulder and make tackles. .
and I misspelled breeds. before the grammar nazi's hit me.

And yet he drove for a td. Luke didn't do that in a single one of his seven series of mop up or back up the first 2 games.
Yeah, I think McCaffrey is a great athlete and is very good running the ball. Unfortunately, he's not ready to be an FBS passer. Say what you will about Martinez, but he's still our best option at quarterback.

Then again, it might not do any good given how bad everything else looked.

This team is stuck in the mud. Every time it looks like we might get out, we just find ourselves deeper in the hole. It's maddening.

Why can't we find a QB like Pennix... or a coach like Allen?

Because Nebraska fans would have wanted Tom Allen fired the first day he was hired. Allen was coaching high school ball as recently as 2006. From there, an assistant at Drake, Arkansas State, Ole Miss, and South Florida. Husker fans would have blown a gasket over that hire.

Afraid Scott Frost is losing me out of his corner! Even Riley put out better product
Lol. No.... he didn’t.

I would say this is as bad as a lot of those though.

It’s amazing I never see Mario Verduzco mentioned in coaching gripes. Our QB development looks pretty bad right now.

Illinois probably won't win another game this season. That was not a good team that just ran all over us.
Iowa, Ohio State and Northwestern.

I don’t know. If their offense plays as balanced as they did today and peters is as accurate then I think they could possibly beat Someone like northwestern who has a terrible offense.

But yeah that’s a tough schedule to finish up on.

I was actually impressed with Illinois offensive line. They executed their blocks really well and were very physical. Very few mistakes...not one false start.
and the announcers mentioned several times that this was the first game that Illinois actually had all of their people they thought would be starters together.

Now who knows. Maybe they looked good because we were so bad.

Hard for a team to win with five turnovers with a defense that can’t get a stop on third down

Too much negativity. Bring on Iowa! Go Big Red! Keep the faith! On the bright side, Northwestern is beating Wisky!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back