• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

James Carnie Gets His Nebraska Offer: Will Announce Monday 12 October

Fidone doesn’t care who else signs at TE because he’s the starting TE the day he starts camp. Rollins may fear the additional competition and not like the crowded room. So maybe he opts to go elsewhere. I think everyone would be okay with that. Not that he’s not wanted but decisions have to be made by all parties. On the other hand, Carnie could end up at another position at some point, so it might be wise of Rollins to stick it out. In any event, the program is in a great position here.
Staff played this as good as they could have with Carnie coming on later than the other 2. Fidone doesn’t care, and Carnie was made well aware that he’d have an offer if not for the numbers situation. I posted the staff told him to give them a month to sort it out, he did and set his announcement date. Rollins may be frustrated (speculation) but if he decommits and goes elsewhere that’s not on this staff.

Staff played this as good as they could have with Carnie coming on later than the other 2. Fidone doesn’t care, and Carnie was made well aware that he’d have an offer if not for the numbers situation. I posted the staff told him to give them a month to sort it out, he did and set his announcement date. Rollins may be frustrated (speculation) but if he decommits and goes elsewhere that’s not on this staff.
And ultimately, may be the best situation for everyone involved.

Carnie was able to put a 4 game highlight film together of him dominating his competition on a team that has 5 skill players that are 6’4 or taller. Rollins I don’t even think is to double digit receptions yet.

And I remember you commenting on Rollins accepting the offer after he got blanked in his first game. I'm thinking this isn't over yet. I can see Rollins moving on with the right signals. I know SF is probably tight-roping the Omaha thing but you have to deal with what's in front of you IMO. *** have you seen any 2020 highlights of Rollins?

Carnie was able to put a 4 game highlight film together of him dominating his competition on a team that has 5 skill players that are 6’4 or taller. Rollins I don’t even think is to double digit receptions yet.

Looks like he could play olb in a 3-4

Our TE room in 2022 could look like this:

Fidone (Council Bluffs)
Rollins (Omaha)
Carnie (Roca)
Helms (Bellevue)
Riley (Bellevue)

Riley a long shot but literally could have our entire scholarship TE room from the state of Nebraska. Beckton with the easiest job in America lol.

And then there is Hickman, is he still a tweener or is it looking like he will continue outside? Carnie seems like the guy with the mentality to play anywhere that gets him on the field if necessary, and he looks to have the hands and athleticism to be a big WR. I can't imagine he would ever grow to be a 3-4 DE, he looks much more like a Garrett Nelson than a Ben Stille.

And I remember you commenting on Rollins accepting the offer after he got blanked in his first game. I'm thinking this isn't over yet. I can see Rollins moving on with the right signals. I know SF is probably tight-roping the Omaha thing but you have to deal with what's in front of you IMO. *** have you seen any 2020 highlights of Rollins?
Have to be a little careful (the tight-roping you mentioned) with this since we already accepted Rollins commitment. Prep has a Sophomore lineman who is a Husker legacy that we may want in a few years. He played varsity as a Freshman, which is very rare at Prep. Plus Prep's coach is an Osborne era Husker Fullback.

I don't want to go too hard on Rollins. Part of an issue for a player is who is around them as well. I just think he likes basketball, was holding out for a few reasons, then after getting blanked jumps on the offer instantly. Little red flaggy to me. Happily be wrong there.

But to your point, Duval always tells guys his job is to get them way better than they were when they got here because the staffs job is to recruit better players than are here now. If you are scared of the recruiting class you are in, it won't get any better when you get to campus and have guys like Vokolek and Allen running around. I don't think he has a problem with the Carnie offer, but if he does him decommitting because of it is way better optics than us not offering him or pulling his offer.

I've only seen a few highlights of him in just some media tweets. I think he actually has a couple TDs but those were balls he caught in the endzone.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back