• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

James Carnie Gets His Nebraska Offer: Will Announce Monday 12 October

Where did Lenners and Cromer go?

Lenners was first team All Big-12 at K-State last year. I think Cromer is a Jackrabbit.

Edit, Cromer went to SDSU but transferred back to Nebraska to punt in 2018.

Last edited:

From what I've heard, they are not on board...Fidone decomitting to Iowa, Rollins decommitting to an SEC school, and Carnie to Kansas State
So the top TE in the country wasn’t concerned about committing to us with Allen, Rafdal, Vokolek, Goodwin, Perez and Boerkircher, but his knees are buckled by the thought of Carnie? And you contend he would jump to the team with 8 TEs? Interesting.

Except the staff will be hammered for slow playing him if he goes to KSUcks and has a great career.

Maybe on this board, LOL. I think with arguably the best TE in the country on board and another solid local kid committed at TE, they would get a pass. Carnie was a little bit of a late bloomer and the Covid didn't help his exposure any. I hope we get him, but will understand if he goes elsewhere. Seems like he was waiting for the offer and tastefully forced NU to make a move, so logic tells me he commits to BIG RED.

Lenners was first team All Big-12 at K-State last year. I think Cromer is a Jackrabbit.

Edit, Cromer went to SDSU but transferred back to Nebraska to punt in 2018.

Cromer was a QB/punter, not a TE.
He quit football and is now finishing up his schooling and doing an internship as a videographer.

Last edited:
On a positive, when was the last time we had 3 excellent TE prospects within the 75 mile radius? Great problem to have!
Our TE room in 2022 could look like this:

Fidone (Council Bluffs)
Rollins (Omaha)
Carnie (Roca)
Helms (Bellevue)
Riley (Bellevue)

Riley a long shot but literally could have our entire scholarship TE room from the state of Nebraska. Beckton with the easiest job in America lol.

Fidone (Council Bluffs)
Rollins (Omaha)
Carnie (Roca)
Helms (Bellevue)
Riley (Bellevue)

Riley a long shot but literally could have our entire scholarship TE room from the state of Nebraska. Beckton with the easiest job in America lol.
If this continues, Beckton would lose his 'A-List' status on Southwest.

Fidone (Council Bluffs)
Rollins (Omaha)
Carnie (Roca)
Helms (Bellevue)
Riley (Bellevue)

Not to pick nits. Council Bluffs is in IA. Just saying.

Fidone doesn’t care who else signs at TE because he’s the starting TE the day he starts camp. Rollins may fear the additional competition and not like the crowded room. So maybe he opts to go elsewhere. I think everyone would be okay with that. Not that he’s not wanted but decisions have to be made by all parties. On the other hand, Carnie could end up at another position at some point, so it might be wise of Rollins to stick it out. In any event, the program is in a great position here.

Fidone doesn’t care who else signs at TE because he’s the starting TE the day he starts camp. Rollins may fear the additional competition and not like the crowded room. So maybe he opts to go elsewhere. I think everyone would be okay with that. Not that he’s not wanted but decisions have to be made by all parties. On the other hand, Carnie could end up at another position at some point, so it might be wise of Rollins to stick it out. In any event, the program is in a great position here.
Have heard that both Rollins and Carnie have the athletic ability to play other positions - I think Carnie is playing DE in HS. Rollins might have played OLB on a different team. Not sure that either one wants that right now, but who knows in the future?

Could this be another Bryson Williams situation? Nebraska was too late to the party?

Last edited:

Have heard that both Rollins and Carnie have the athletic ability to play other positions - I think Carnie is playing DE in HS. Rollins might have played OLB on a different team. Not sure that either one wants that right now, but who knows in the future?
Riley Reiff was a DE and TE in high school before playing OT at Iowa and being drafted in the first round. Kids grow up. Bodies change. We don’t know how these kids will develop. That’s why I strongly advocate for taking an athletic kid with this size from the local area who bleeds Scarlet. It would have been a horrible mistake to let Carnie get away regardless of the numbers in the TE room. Great job by the staff to pull the trigger.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back