• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Big 12 votes to play

The big ten said "Here is a schedule"
The Big 12 said "We intend to play football this year"
:Biggrin:

Wrong. The quote from the Big 12 was, "We intend to PURSUE football this year."

Pusueing means constantly chasing after the idea of playing football, looking after any opportunity that allows them to play football. If they dcan't find that opportunity, no Big 12 football. When all else fails, read the article you are ealking about.

Wrong. The quote from the Big 12 was, "We intend to PURSUE football this year."

Pusueing means constantly chasing after the idea of playing football, looking after any opportunity that allows them to play football. If they dcan't find that opportunity, no Big 12 football. When all else fails, read the article you are ealking about.

Or when all else fails, note the smiley face at the bottom.

Improve?? Really? Wait until schools open full bore. You’ll have a sh show going on that will make people wish it was August. Also, much more is known about Covid now than when all those people were dying in New York and New Jersey. That is positive. Other than that, if you want to hang your hat on cases being slightly less, be my guest. There is no handle on this virus at all. None.

Never has been a handle on this virus. Countries that locked down and tried all sorts of things that were against protocol just a year ago (CDC has always admitted that once 1% of the population is infected, trace and track and lockdowns DON'T WORK) have all pretended that they had a handle on it.

The virus is moving along a slightly modified Hope-Simpson Influenza curve for how it moves through different temperate zones.

All of the hot spots that were the recent panic have peaked and are declining. The virus will move through the different regions the same way pretty much regardless of lockdowns or whatever theater people do.

Protect the really sick and weak and get back to normal with some reasonable precautions.

Pacific rim may be getting hit on a different schedule, but it's also possible they really just have more cross immunity from other corona viruses

Last edited:
Reactions: SSM

You didn’t ask me a question, And you’re right, I do know the truth.
You’re being dishonest. I asked you direct questions in response to your statement. You avoided actually answering the questions. You gave a politician’s non-answer answer, not actually answering the questions that were asked. You won’t answer the questions because you know you’re wrong.

See this post and directly answer the questions, if you can.

Protect the really sick and weak and get back to normal with some reasonable precautions.
This I agree with. New Zealand has a handle on it. Zero positive cases for 100+ days. They did just have I think 3-5 yesterday or the day before. They had a hard lockdown for a while though. I don’t have the answers, no one does really. Predictions and models all over the place. I just know it’s not going away, at least for a while, if ever. I’m 54 years old, and I don’t remember in my lifetime a season without the Huskers. I want that as much as anyone. It sucks, but that’s why it’s called a pandemic.

This I agree with. New Zealand has a handle on it. Zero positive cases for 100+ days. They did just have I think 3-5 yesterday or the day before. They had a hard lockdown for a while though. I don’t have the answers, no one does really. Predictions and models all over the place. I just know it’s not going away, at least for a while, if ever. I’m 54 years old, and I don’t remember in my lifetime a season without the Huskers. I want that as much as anyone. It sucks, but that’s why it’s called a pandemic.

New Zealand definitely did a good job, but they are an Island with a relatively small population.

You’re being dishonest. I asked you direct questions in response to your statement. You avoided actually answering the questions. You gave a politician’s non-answer answer, not actually answering the questions that were asked. You won’t answer the questions because you know you’re wrong.

See this post and directly answer the questions, if you can.
I don’t know the answer to that. I do know they can and do spread it to 40-80+ year olds. That is the problem. 99.9% of young people will be fine, but for anyone above 35, depending on how hard you get hit, It can, has, and will take anyone. I’m sorry I misread that. My bad.

New Zealand definitely did a good job, but they are an Island with a relatively small population.
That is true, but they were all over it like stink on crap. We blew it off. It’s under control..... There in lies an issue. And btw, I might add, there really is still, no plan for it. It’s like we are just winging it.

That is true, but they were all over it like stink on crap. We blew it off. It’s under control..... There in lies an issue. And btw, I might add, there really is still, no plan for it. It’s like we are just winging it.
I get that you and many others are outraged at the handling of the virus in the USA. And you’re not wrong. It’s been a cluster freak from day one. But avoiding the politics of it all... what I fear we are seeing is people, possibly subconsciously taking that anger out on a bunch of 18 to 22 year old student athletes. I honestly think those socio-political factors played into the Big Ten’s decision to cancel. Obviously, nobody will be able to prove me wrong or right, but I think that from a sociological and psychological perspective, there’s something to it.

B12 is playing their conference schedule plus one. NU could be the plus one for all 10 teams. $3 million per game = $30 million while the B1G won’t have any revenue to share with it’s members for the rest of this school year.
That would be awesome. Won’t happen, but that’s a great idea. I’d love it. Oklahoma State said today they will have some fans. Don’t think they said yet how many. I’m sure OU will also.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back