• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Big 12 votes to play

At present we are full for the 2020 class. We are asking for a waiver on Grey's scholarship that if approved would open one more spot.

As for other schools I would assume many are in the same circumstances. Not to mention enrollment deadlines etc
Thanks, that what I thought I remembered you saying but then someone else said we had room for the Johnson kid a grad transfer if that came up? Is this different than a regular transfer or not accurate info?

I hope it happens the team's sake and for the great state of Nebraska. I can tell you living here in southern California that I don't want Nebraska to suffer economically like California is about to due to the horrible COVID business shutdowns.

Thanks, that what I thought I remembered you saying but then someone else said we had room for the Johnson kid a grad transfer if that came up? Is this different than a regular transfer or not accurate info?

We would have room for Johnson in 2020 IF the waiver on Grey is approved. You still have to have normal counter slots for Grad Transfers.

Wasn't it just 7 days ago that the Big 10 released a football schedule with the intention of playing football in the fall? How is today's Big 12 announcement different?

Wasn't it just 7 days ago that the Big 10 released a football schedule with the intention of playing football in the fall? How is today's Big 12 announcement different?

The big ten said "Here is a schedule"
The Big 12 said "We intend to play football this year"

:Biggrin:

What's getting worse? Almost every metric (when tracked correctly) is improving. We have had 2 seasonal waves (depending on latitude and weather zones). A northern/Northeast wave, and now we're over the peak for the south/south-west waves.

We are testing VASTLY more than we did earlier (so the comp numbers on cases from NY to Texas are absolutely meaningless), the Death counts aren't. And we're over the peak there for our second seasonal wave as well.

I get it, the levels of misinformation from idiotic reporters are difficult to deal with and they wear us down, but don't be distracted by case numbers that attempt to compare what's happening today with what was happening in NY (for instance). As the testing goes up, they are catching cases that existed in NY, but were never captured by testing -- that means a younger, and much less symptomatic group of "cases" (side note - is someone a "case" if they are completely asymptomatic, and if yes, why?)

here's a good example from FL (and don't forget that their death rate from this is MULTIPLES LOWER than that of NY or NJ)

Improve?? Really? Wait until schools open full bore. You’ll have a sh show going on that will make people wish it was August. Also, much more is known about Covid now than when all those people were dying in New York and New Jersey. That is positive. Other than that, if you want to hang your hat on cases being slightly less, be my guest. There is no handle on this virus at all. None.

Improve?? Really? Wait until schools open full bore. You’ll have a sh show going on that will make people wish it was August. Also, much more is known about Covid now than when all those people were dying in New York and New Jersey. That is positive. Other than that, if you want to hang your hat on cases being slightly less, be my guest. There is no handle on this virus at all. None.

What's your take on Covid? You haven't been really clear about it.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back