• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Rondale Moore opting out

Incredible.

I'm not sure if it was mentioned, but another from the Big Ten yesterday, opting out ... Michigan State starting DE, Jacub Panasiuk -- would have been a 3-year starter and one of only three returning starters on defense for the upcoming season.

The Big Ten is losing top players at a rate faster than all of the other Power Five conferences combined. Maybe it'd be best if there wasn't/isn't a postseason as the Big Ten is dwindling by the day.

His brother's in camp with the Raiders right now as an UDFA, so he's probably considering if he needs another year or if he'll just skip and enter the draft rather than playing a shortened season

Last edited:

No, definitely not. But I just said, more from the Big Ten than the other conferences combined (thus far) -- though it's actually a tie as the SEC (Vandy) had a kicker depart that I missed counting.

Current tally: Big Ten 5, ACC 2, Pac-12 2, SEC 1.

Illinois also had a senior RB drop out.
The opt-outs will certainly increase, but right now the percentage is very small. There are 1,190 scholarship football players in the Big Ten, so 5 is a percentage of 0.4%.

The opt-outs will certainly increase, but right now the percentage is very small. There are 1,190 scholarship football players in the Big Ten, so 5 is a percentage of 0.4%.

Percentage is small -- but the talent is significantly greater. The Big Ten thus far has lost its top two WR's and top LB.

MEH, let 'em all opt out, our schedule apparently is set up against us from the B1G schedulers anywho. Maybe all of our opponents will have to forfeit and we win the B1G by default. I think that that would be about the same as having an easy schedule.... WEEEEEEEE

He will graduate in 2.5 years while playing football. College ain’t what it used to be.

Percentage is small -- but the talent is significantly greater. The Big Ten thus far has lost its top two WR's and top LB.
True
I wouldn’t imagine many will “opt-out” if they aren’t pretty sure that they will make it at the next level....unless of course, there are some health issues or personal things they are needing to take care of...

Well this is one good thing about having little to no stars......they stay in school because they can't play in the NFL. Huge loss for the Boilers. Gives NU a shot to win in WL. Parsons leaving State Penn is major, however way too much talent for Huskers at this point in time.

Last edited:

Hard to blame any of these kids for opting out. At this point I'd be surprised if football even happens......

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back