• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Rondale Moore opting out

Doesn't break my heart.... I'd rather play Purdue without him any day. Glad he opted out.
This definitely changes the dynamics of the NU-Purdue game, assuming it is actually played. I really hope we can get a full 10-game season in, because Nebraska is catching some huge breaks with opponent opt-outs. The Minnesota and Purdue games are tilting from toss-ups to should-wins. Penn St. and Michigan St. have both lost a key starter on Defense.

Then again, we caught a break with Moore being out last year and still couldn't take advantage of it. That game still makes me mad. It is one that we easily could have won by 10-20 points.

Good question, and I can't think of one off-hand. Maybe Maurice Clarett?

I'm just glad we will never see Moore lining up against us again.

Good call -- yes. Clarett only played his freshman year at OSU. Moore played his freshman year and then 3-4 games his sophomore year.

I think Frost has been recruiting kids that absolutely love the game and I think that has a huge impact on what's happening. The positive things they've been posting on social media and the lack of players opting out shouldn't be ignored.

These guys aren't opting out because they don't love football. They're opting out because they will definitely get drafted next year, probably in the first couple rounds, and there is no point in risking their health playing this year. Nebraska doesn't have guys in that position.

This article from the spring suggests he was healthy, stronger, and faster than ever. He was working out with a very demanding elite training program after spring ball was scrapped early.

But his 2019 season was aborted after just four games with 29 catches for 387 yards and two scores, when Moore injured his left hamstring vs. Minnesota. How does Moore look now?

"He looks even better," said Vaughn, who has been working with Moore since he was in middle school. "He has gotten even more explosive and gotten stronger. And he has become a better route-runner. You just don’t see kids like him. He’s an overachiever who's already better than everybody athletically." "That guy isn’t even human," said Vaughn. "You know what I mean? The things he is doing … it's literally unreal. It’s super genetics, with a lot of hard work and a lot of determination and unwavering focus and determination to get to a goal.

The mornings are devoted to weight training. The afternoons are dedicated to field work, with Moore catching 1,000 balls each workout.
Yes sounds like everything we heard during the Riley years.

If this becomes more and more prevalent where the top players all opt out of playing, the Huskers could really take advantage due to our underachieving, mediocre-yet-3-to-4-star "talent" being the only ones deciding to play as they know they don't stand a chance of being sniffed at the NFL level unless they play. We have the cream of the average.
Ah, the advantages of being a mediocre team..rejoice fans!:Banana::Sarcastic:

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back