• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Sept. 5 Start Date For Big Ten Looks Likely; SEC & PAC 12 Sept. 26 Start Date

Another example of Notre Dame getting their cake and eating it, too. ACC bailed them out by allowing them, an INDEPENDENT in football, to be part of their conference while all of the other independents are more than likely twisting in the wind.

Yep. Bought and paid for. ND is giving half of their NBC revenue to the ACC as part of the deal.

Yep. Bought and paid for. ND is giving half of their NBC revenue to the ACC as part of the deal.
Really? Whoopie. They will still come out better than every ACC team, since they get half of a lot and the rest of the ACC will get 1/14th of a lot. Then ND will get 1/15th, i.e. the same conference cut that every other ACC team gets. But, wait, there is more: ND will get all the benefits of being in the ACC...bowl tie-ins, a better chance at the CFP, a better football schedule (can't wait to see what the other independents schedules look like), etc. So, yeah, I will stick by my previous post that ND is getting their cake and eating it, too.

Really? Whoopie. They will still come out better than every ACC team, since they get half of a lot and the rest of the ACC will get 1/14th of a lot. Then ND will get 1/15th, i.e. the same conference cut that every other ACC team gets. But, wait, there is more: ND will get all the benefits of being in the ACC...bowl tie-ins, a better chance at the CFP, a better football schedule (can't wait to see what the other independents schedules look like), etc. So, yeah, I will stick by my previous post that ND is getting their cake and eating it, too.

I don’t know why you’re getting chippy and defensive. I’m agreeing with you.

The biggest x factor in all of this are the governors who have been awful during this madness. Hoping they stay out of the way.

NU would do the same if they had the cache of ND. I mean they would take the money. Anyone would. What are you going to do? I don’t think there will be a season so ND is going to have to suffer like everyone else.

If we, the Big 10, start on Sept. 5, and the SEC is 3 weeks later, wow...this gives us 3 weeks of media pub. over the chief rival conference. Can't put a $$ amount on what this means. Plus, every game is meaningful as it is a conference game. Love it.

:oops::eek::Bow::thumbsup: Actually didn’t mean to get chippy at YOU, was getting chippy at the fact ND was gracious enough to give up some of their TV money when everyone knows that they aremaking out like bandits.

Don't act like the ACC is doing some noble thing here. ND brings ratings, and besides Clemson, FSU, and maybe Miami, there aren't a lot of teams that move the needle in ACC football from a ratings standpoint.

So what happens when a state says you have to quarantine 14 days. As of today if you're from Nebraska and want to go to Illinois you have to quarantine 14 days when you get there.

So what happens when a state says you have to quarantine 14 days. As of today if you're from Nebraska and want to go to Illinois you have to quarantine 14 days when you get there.

Very difficult to enforce that. NY is fining people but they have to catch you first. 2k is the fine.

Last edited:
Very difficult to enforce that. NY is fining people but they have to catch you first. 2k is the fine.

Difficult to enforce?

Let's see Illinois says anyone coming into Illinois from Nebraska has to quarantine 14 days. Here comes the Nebraska football team, you think we can slip in without anyone noticing. There are other states doing the same thing, and other states that would be in the same situation as Nebraska. Anyone from Iowa or Wisconsin are in the same boat, so that means either of those teams would also need to quarantine in entering Illinois.

Difficult to enforce?

Let's see Illinois says anyone coming into Illinois from Nebraska has to quarantine 14 days. Here comes the Nebraska football team, you think we can slip in without anyone noticing. There are other states doing the same thing, and other states that would be in the same situation as Nebraska. Anyone from Iowa or Wisconsin are in the same boat, so that means either of those teams would also need to quarantine in entering Illinois.

I wasn’t talking about the teams.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back