• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Sept. 5 Start Date For Big Ten Looks Likely; SEC & PAC 12 Sept. 26 Start Date

There is lot of hand wringing here over nothing. Once a decision is made, we can debate. Until then it is meaningless. Since Nebraska is low on the Covid graph, I am not sure what they are waiting for; it must be waiting to see what other schools are going to do. NU should be in pretty good shape.

Actual Covid cases peaked on or about July 15.
Total daily deaths will likely peak early next week.
If we can just hold on and NOT CANCEL the season, the entire situation will look MUCH different by later this month.

https://forum.huskermax.com/threads...eligible-for-championship.118117/post-4476271

My yesterday dream. Still delayed from 9/5 to 9/19. Added Terps, September 26th

Two more weeks to decide Memorial Stadium attendees .....
  • No real fans? If so, cut off cardboard fans.
  • 20% capacity ? (ala tOSU)
  • 50% ? (Texass)
  • 100% ? Screw pandemic !!! Some people said C-19 is a myth. Like moon landing (and flat earth)
(wiki source) Somewhere between 17 million and 50 million deaths, making it one of the deadliest pandemics in human history. New cases dropped abruptly. In Philadelphia, for example, 4,597 people died in the week ending 16 October, but by 11 November, influenza had almost disappeared from the city. One explanation for the rapid decline in the lethality of the disease is that doctors became more effective in prevention and treatment. Another theory holds that the 1918 virus mutated extremely rapidly to a less lethal strain (Bob Diaco).

........... Just changed from October-November (1918) to July-August (2020) :thumbsup:
This is where 3D Printer Companies could come in handy. Have anybody who wants to VIRTUALLY ATTEND NFL and college games send in their pictures to the 3D printers and pay them to create a 3D version of themselves....PLUS for the ticket for their 3D created likeness to "attend" the game. Their 3D version is sat down in their seat,,,stadium is full of lifelike attendees, and each person also gets to sign in to the game and it allows their voices/sounds to be heard by the players/TV audience (i.e. swearing, booing, clapping or cheering). While watching the games from home, they can control what the sounds are coming from their 3D version. It'll be just like they are at the games.

This could also be done for schools, colleges, business, and politics (much better for politicians especially). I think I smell a patent for this brilliant idea, right?

Last edited:
Difficult to enforce?

Let's see Illinois says anyone coming into Illinois from Nebraska has to quarantine 14 days. Here comes the Nebraska football team, you think we can slip in without anyone noticing. There are other states doing the same thing, and other states that would be in the same situation as Nebraska. Anyone from Iowa or Wisconsin are in the same boat, so that means either of those teams would also need to quarantine in entering Illinois.
Aren't baseball teams already playing the White Sox and Cubs in Illinois? Doesn't seem to be a problem for sports teams.

Aren't baseball teams already playing the White Sox and Cubs in Illinois? Doesn't seem to be a problem for sports teams.

Depend what state they are coming from. Illinois put the 14 day quarantine on only certain states, Nebraska, Iowa, and Wisconsin happen to be three of them.

Depend what state they are coming from. Illinois put the 14 day quarantine on only certain states, Nebraska, Iowa, and Wisconsin happen to be three of them.
Guess we shall see what happens when Milwaukee Brewers play in Chicago. I’m betting they won’t quarantine the team.

Guess we shall see what happens when Milwaukee Brewers play in Chicago. I’m betting they won’t quarantine the team.

They may feel a team has to be tested before they can play so they would exempt them. Guess it would be up to each state and each governor.

I believe New York still has a 14 day quarantine for people coming from certain states. I think they use a different standard, the positive test rate percentage, which is 10%. I know at one time Iowa was added to their list, but we've stayed below 10% for a while now.

Just like the flu, Covid cases will probably increase in the cold weather as the viral load increases in the air. The earlier we start the better, in case the season gets shut down in October or November. Notre Dame is really smart in planning all games before Thanksgiving.

Hopefully with people washing their hands for once and the cleanliness now required on planes, restaurants etc...hopefully the flu season may not be as bad. Since the sun/heat really wasn't helpful as previously predicted, maybe the cold will be good for containment.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back