• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Did we take a step backwards with this class.

Walztrent

Red Shirt
2 Year Member
This class isn’t rated very high and the Avery is lower than lasts years. So did we take a step back in your eyes or is this a solid class that will be winning us games in the near future? I think it is with the talent we have and what this class brings will fill a lot of voids that we had. I also believe this class will be the class that wins us a division championship and maybe even a conference championship by the time they are juniors.

Im also thinking no

For a team that has only won 4 or 5 games a year A top 20 recruiting class is amazing . I believe

Seems we had more 4 stars in this class than I've seen in while. Maybe there were more 4 start players this year or our 3 star guys weren't high 3 stars. Idk. Stars aren't everything and I believe this to be a very solid class with potential difference makers at several different positions.

This class isn’t rated very high and the Avery is lower than lasts years. So did we take a step back in your eyes or is this a solid class that will be winning us games in the near future? I think it is with the talent we have and what this class brings will fill a lot of voids that we had. I also believe this class will be the class that wins us a division championship and maybe even a conference championship by the time they are juniors.
Best class to date. No doubt about it. Better film. Fewer reaches. Filled some big gaps. Great job by Frost and Co.

Seems we had more 4 stars in this class than I've seen in while. Maybe there were more 4 start players this year or our 3 star guys weren't high 3 stars. Idk. Stars aren't everything and I believe this to be a very solid class with potential difference makers at several different positions.

Nine in all the most in about 15 years

I would call it a side step. I would also say that is a win. Yes, it fills needs better and may be what pulls the class together for a solid product on the field.

My concern is which direction next year's class will go as I think it will best define the program's overall direction under Frost. The first three classes were based on hype, what Frost and company have done prior to Nebraska. Next year's class will be a strong reflection on what Frost and company have done at Nebraska and 2020 needs to be a good year in the W column. I do not expect it to be easy when replacing a good chunk of the front 7 and what should be a brutal end to the season, schedule-wise.

Last edited:

Matters not what our opinions are today about a particularly recruiting class … more important is what it looks like in about 3 year or so after a lot of work and coaching has been put in. GBR!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back