• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Did we take a step backwards with this class.

Yes.

Image result for backstep gif

Attachments

• 1581026868902.png
    1581026868902.png
    155.8 KB · Views: 86

Filled alot of need this class highest 4 star count in years so I say they did very well.

There are some really good players in this class. To me, the biggest mystery are the JC defensive players we signed. Hoping one or two of them make an immediate impact.

Last edited:

This class isn’t rated very high and the Avery is lower than lasts years.
Top definition
Avery
An Avery is a person who is someone who can be defined by these words: gorgeous, outgoing, funny, awesome, crazy, dumb, the most amazing best friend someone can ever have. This person is usually sarcastic a alot, but that is what makes her funny and just makes her, her. She loves the colour purple and yoga pants. She does not think she is pretty but in reality she is the most attractive and beautiful thing to walk this earth. She is usually the prettiest and most popular one in the school, but fails to realize this. She has lots of friends, but makes sure that the ones most important in her life are valued most (her bestfriend and boyfriend). She is a flirter but is so faithful, and she also is a crazy partier and everyone loves her!
Dude #1 "I met the most amazing girl today, she made me happy just by looking at her. And she just has this awesome flow to her that just makes me want to always be next to her."
Dude #2 "by chance was this girl named Avery?"
Dude #1 "How the hell did you know that?"
Dude #2 "Because what you explained fits an Avery perfectly"
Looks like we will be having a pretty season

There are some really good players in this class. To me, the biggest mystery are the JC defensive players we signed. Hoping one or two of them make an immediate impact.
That is where my concern is, and really my only concern.

QB - Check
RB - Check
WR - Check
TE - Didn't need one
OL - Only needed two and pulled in a top250 player there
DB - Check

DL and LB we pulled in some JUCO kids that I just don't know what to expect. More specifically I think we really struggled at DL recruiting. We landed Nash which I don't want to take away from at all, but after him, we went really cold on visits for DL. Take a look at our hit rate from in-season visits on the DL:

Trey Zuhn - Texas A&M
Nusi Malani - Virginia
Tui Tuipoloto - USC
Marquis Black - Nebraska
Alex Harrison - Utah
Devon Drew - Texas Tech
Julius Coates - Arkansas

We went 1/7 on kids we brought in during the season at DL. I think they like Black, but guys like I listed and even guys we felt really good about like Jamar Sekona didn't even make it to campus for us to give it a look. So we then are relegated to bringing in Jordon Riley and Pheldarius Payne, two JUCO guys on the same weekend and we land them. It really feels to me we just struck out all recruiting cycle on DL recruits so we just grabbed some JUCO guys. Now, I do like the addition of a JUCO NG to go along with your #1 NG on your board for high school with Nash, but let's be honest, none of these guys are Jahkeem Green or Darrion Daniels excitement level.

I know I lumped LB in there, and we pulled some studs in and I also like us bringing in a guy like Niko Cooper and Maua-Clements with their skill sets.

We really need to step our game up there as we lose 7 guys in the next two years. Big recruiting cycle for both lines next year in 2021.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back