• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

New OC Matt Lubick hired!

Happy with this. There were a lot of things that weren't working last year on the offense. It got better as the year went on, but we need that unit to be firing on all cylinders. Lubick's a proven guy and a guy Frost trusts. Big win of a hire!

As your kids get older they’re not around as much and family time isn’t as important to them as it is to you as a parent.
Maybe, but he doesn’t plan to sell his house in Ft Collins and his sister and parents live there. He said that one big plus about the NU job is that it’s close to Ft Collins. This is a temp hire IMO. But most assistant coach hires are.

Last edited:

Maybe, but he doesn’t plan to sell his house in Ft Collins and his sister and parents live there. He said that one big plus about the NU job is that it’s close to Ft Collins. This is a temp hire IMO. But most assistant coach hires are.

EVERY hire is a temp hire. The odds of getting another 25 years like Osborne is rare, although if anyone could pull it off, it might be Frost.

In fairness to him, the WR room was thin at best.
When Frost got here, he really laughed at people saying we needed to keep Keith Williams on due to his recruiting and development. They identified WR as the thinnest position on the team (DB was probably 1B). I agree with you it was pretty thin. That said, I think WR is the easiest spot to make an immediate impact in college football. You just can't recruit Dominik Watt, Justin McGriff, Andre Hunt, Katerian LeGrone, and then have Jaron Woodyard and Mike WIlliams as your immediate impact JUCOs. Then the next year grab Demariyon Houston, Darian Chase, and Jamie Nance and get basically zero production out of your first two recruiting cycles.

Only person considered.

ESPN

"I have always wanted to work with Matt again since our days at Oregon together," Frost said. "He is the only person I considered for this position. Matt has an innovative offensive mind, provides a veteran presence on our staff and brings a proven track record of success at the Power 5 level."
Technically " THIS POSITION."

When Frost got here, he really laughed at people saying we needed to keep Keith Williams on due to his recruiting and development. They identified WR as the thinnest position on the team (DB was probably 1B). I agree with you it was pretty thin. That said, I think WR is the easiest spot to make an immediate impact in college football. You just can't recruit Dominik Watt, Justin McGriff, Andre Hunt, Katerian LeGrone, and then have Jaron Woodyard and Mike WIlliams as your immediate impact JUCOs. Then the next year grab Demariyon Houston, Darian Chase, and Jamie Nance and get basically zero production out of your first two recruiting cycles.

Hopefully the young receivers from last year's class will take a big step forward under a new guy and with a year under their belt.

While coaches will use hyperbole to compliment guys they have worked with, if he's anywhere near as good of a recruiter as Cutcliffe stated, that would be a good boost too.

Hopefully the young receivers from last year's class will take a big step forward under a new guy and with a year under their belt.

While coaches will use hyperbole to compliment guys they have worked with, if he's anywhere near as good of a recruiter as Cutcliffe stated, that would be a good boost too.
I still like who we brought in for 2019. I just don’t understand Kade Warner being hurt nearly all year makes your outside passing game look almost complete inept then whole season. That’s an issue. One I hope Lubick can remedy. He’s got a stocked room to choose from.

This worries me, you have a bunch of top notch WR recruits who were expecting to be coached by Walters, now this? Blaming the WR coach for playing an injured QB who was having a sophomore slump, who couldn't see open receivers, more like Mario should have been let go. Hope the new kids are good with this, being an ex Ducks coach will help. As my niece would say, not impressed. Please prove me wrong.
However, I would also state we had a bunch of top notch recruits that couldn’t beat out a grad transfer (noa), a walk on (Warner), and a true freshman (Robinson).

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back