• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

OLB Kaden Johnson Update: Wilfong CB flip to Wisconsin

This is concerning in that most of the OLB feel like plan B stretches. We needed this one bad
ILB however looks great with greene and mauga.
Next yr a couple of studs at OLB will be a must.
Hopefully butler or cooper pan out

tenor_9300761_mediumgif_178852417632553.gif

These guys aren't 100% accurate with their cb's so he could still pick us. If he does pick Wiscy I can't blame him though. They have been really good. We haven't. They have played great defense this decade. We haven't. They've put a ton of players in to the NFL the last decade. We haven't.

We gotta start winning more to be able to pull this caliber of player in with more regularity.

i wonder if someone heard something correct, of if someone is repeating what someone else said, that he thought, that she felt ,that he might..... i guess well know tmrw morn
Not to be too negative, but I can't remember us getting the prospect when this has happened.....I am NOT saying NU hasn't gotten a prospect after something like this has happene, I just can't remember it....ESPECIALLY for a high 4*....maybe some lower ranked prospects but not a high 4*.

Any reason why the flip?

Probably the same reason as Malik Reed. We haven't done anything for linebackers in years and none of our guys have gone pro since Will Compton. In fact, we haven't had one drafted since 2012 with Lavonte David. Facts need to change and we need to do a better job of developing those guys.

Getting one of Johnson or Greene still a good pickup. As far as ratings on 247 they look pretty close (I won't pretend to be any kind of evaluator other than that). One we thought would sign and one somewhat unexpected, so maybe not the way we thought it would happen not too long ago. Still pretty stoked to see the last 2 classes develop the next few years.

Damn it! I hate it when this happens. There seems to be one every year that we lose at the 11th hour.

How many 4* star LBs is Wisky signing? They stole Reed from us earlier this year, they signed another highly-touted LB prospect a few days ago (Sanbourn?), and now they get Johnson to flip less than 24 hours before signing day.

It's not good that they are starting to attract more 4* player. We have enough problems with all of he walkons, 2*, and 3* guys they seem to role out most years.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back