• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Martinez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Partially true, however:

1. Cannot throw picks
2. Find the open receiver (don’t lock on)
3. Learn to avoid sacks by throwing the ball into the cheap seats.
4. Learn when to run with the ball because you have the ability.
Honestly...these are incredibly minor issues within the overall needs of the team. I can think of at least 50 more important things that SF needs to get fixed than things AM needs to improve. Not exaggerating. AM is not the problem, a lot of what surrounds him is. But don't worry...SF will get it done, and sooner than you think. We are not that far off, but we need some sports psych help, in addition to better fundamentals, great recruiting, and continued S&C advances.

Disagree. A guy who’s played as many snaps and started as many games as he had cannot take a 20 yard sack knocking NU out scoring position.

And then to walk off the field and have an excuse handy when challenged by SF shows me he lacks self-awareness and basic football understanding (and maybe some leadership).

Yes he played well statistically and probably played one of his better games this year but it’s the little things like that - are the difference between winning and losing.
Yes the sack was a mistake QB’s throughput college football today we’re making mistakes. He’s going to be fine.

Outside of that play AM played a very good game. Maybe the best game he's played all year.....
I don’t necessarily disagree ... statistically you’re right but decision making ... such as the 20 yard sack are things that can’t happen. Coan, for UW, didn’t have as good of a day as AM ... but he doesn’t make boneheaded decisions like that. Even more galling to me was his sideline demeanor with SF after the series ended. Your QB can’t be making excuses, he can’t be defending his mistakes and he can’t be making the same ones over and over again.

Yes - Afterwards he did throw balls away when on the run.
I also think he doesn’t react very well on the run when flushed out of the pocket. He can’t keep his eyes downfield when trying to find a receiver.

Honestly...these are incredibly minor issues within the overall needs of the team. I can think of at least 50 more important things that SF needs to get fixed than things AM needs to improve. Not exaggerating. AM is not the problem, a lot of what surrounds him is. But don't worry...SF will get it done, and sooner than you think. We are not that far off, but we need some sports psych help, in addition to better fundamentals, great recruiting, and continued S&C advances.
THIS!

Yes the sack was a mistake QB’s throughput college football today we’re making mistakes. He’s going to be fine.
It’s not the sack ... it was his sideline demeanor afterwards. You could see SF talking to him about taking the sack AND he responded with excuse making.

He did learn from that and threw the ball away multiple times so there’s that but it is behavior i do not expect from a QB, captain and leader.

Enough of bad mouthing Martinez he’s back and healthy two more WR’s and a running game like today and the Huskers will be fine.
I've been saying this the whole time. If you were at the game, that's all I heard out of some of our fans was "PUT VEDRAL IN". Vedral will not do anything better

I've been saying this the whole time. If you were at the game, that's all I heard out of some of our fans was "PUT VEDRAL IN". Vedral will not do anything better
No this team misses ’s running game Frost did a great job recruiting Bell and Washington but it seems both were head cases. He’s going to learn from both of them. Today was an indication where this program is going the offense gouged an outstanding defensive team . Take away the kick off return and score near the end of the game and it’s a two point game. It was impressive especially without Robinson. It sucks to lose but this will get turned around.

Last edited:
No this team misses ’s running game Frost did a great job recruiting Bell and Washington but it seems both were head cases. He’s going to learn from both of them. Today was an indication where this program is going the offense gouged an outstanding defensive team . Take away the kick off return and score near the end of the game and it’s a two point game. It was impressive especially without Robinson. It sucks to lose but

No this team misses ’s running game Frost did a great job recruiting Bell and Washington but it seems both were head cases. He’s going to learn from both of them. Today was an indication where this program is going the offense gouged an outstanding defensive team . Take away the kick off return and score near the end of the game and it’s a two point game. It was impressive especially without Robinson. It sucks to lose but

Mills was THE man today.
I honestly don't understand how this took so long to figure out for the staff. The only other strong option is Bradley. Held has said to a buddy after a media event that Bradley cannot seem to grasp the playbook. The ironic thing is it was this kind of reasoning that keeps Robinson at RB instead of moving out to slot, he doesn't know the playbook. I'm starting to wonder if anyone on the offense knows the playbook as they fall apart pretty quickly under a little pressure.

Vedral at least ad libs on broken plays, whereas we've had a poor pattern under Martinez. So it is easy say Martinez is only as good as his supporting cast, but the reality is he had two supporting guys step up today and we still did not play to win. A good QB gets the whole team to step up every game. Vedral would have done no worse than Martinez, but he would have certainly got more guys involved.

It was at least refreshing to see this team lean on someone other than the QB or Robinson for a change. But we really need to get more guys shouldering the load. It looks like Mazour wasn't ready to be that guy. Maybe we'll finally explore some more options since we pretty well screwed our best opportunity to get a win streak going for a bowl season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back