• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2 year extension for Frost

Perhaps a message to the fanbase?

This is a great point because I just saw 2 tickets on Stubhub Section 602 Row 12 for $11.79...”with” fees.

Fan apathy is starting to set in and AD Moos knows it.

Last edited:

Scott has lots of company in the feeling miserable department
Scott has lots of company in the feeling miserable department

Right, but the “lots of company” don’t have to come up with the solution to the misery. When you care as much as Scott does, are paid as much as he is, and understand and truly empathize With those miserable feelings it actually makes his misery index go higher. He‘s under tremendous pressure to get this ship turned around. Riley and Pelini could just walk away and go home with their paycheck. Nebraska is home for Frost! Yeah he took the deal so it’s only on him, but it is on him big time!

Last edited:
Were we going to be a revolving door if they didn’t give the extension? He still had 5+ years left.

Not being combative, just asking your opinion.
It reinforces support that SF has from AD which may stop any speculation from media, outside coaches and team recruiting against HUskers. I believe Taggart had a lengthy contract too and got canned midway through 2nd season. You don’t want there to be any doubt about support in this day and age of coaching changes made quickly. I’m glad they gave SF the extension. We’re all in on SF.

Frost is the man for the job. But I’m a little concerned that a lot of fans are ok with a 10 million dollar 2 year extension because “that’s what’s needed to help recruit” or “to send a message to the media” when we are 4-5 coming off a 4-8 season. Also concerns me that our on the field performance put us in this situation.

$10 million is not a lot these days with all that B1G cash rolling in. It’s a pretty small risk in the big picture.

I think frost is the man to get this done. I just think the 7 year original contract was supposed to be what gave him the runway. In 2017 after Frost signed a 7 year contract to coach us, if I told you at that time that towards the end of 2019 he would be signing an extension, what would you think his record would have been? Certainly not sub .500 after following a sub .500 season.
I don’t think he or anyone knew how truly poor the team’s condition was. Basically could throw away first 3 years of SF’s coaching career at Nebraska due to poor players/development IMO. There is maybe one or two players MAX who played under Riley that makes the B1G team. And how many make the NFL. SF has had very little to start with at Nebraska. It may as well have been coming out of a ‘death sentence’ from NCAA sanctions and start over. That takes 4 years minimum

Frost is the man for the job. But I’m a little concerned that a lot of fans are ok with a 10 million dollar 2 year extension because “that’s what’s needed to help recruit” or “to send a message to the media” when we are 4-5 coming off a 4-8 season. Also concerns me that our on the field performance put us in this situation.
The $10 million may be the least of our concerns if Frost doesn't get it done. I hate to think where things would go if that happens.

I think the thing that hurt is all the way overhyped expectations before the season started. Anyone with any football knowledge could see that the team was NOT a top 25 team to start the season, nor was it close to competing for B1G West. The talent and depth just isn’t there, especially in both liners. This is a team that MAY compete in SF’s fourth or fifth year, but not sooner than that. Way too many depth issues that need time to resolve and SFs 2018-19 recruits need to be Jrs/Sr’s to see how well they have developed, especially in the trenches.

Were we going to be a revolving door if they didn’t give the extension? He still had 5+ years left.

Not being combative, just asking your opinion.
This sends a signal that the days of the revolving-door are over. Further confirmation, on top of the initial five-year contract. That does not mean we would have been a revolving door going forward, but this eliminates any ambiguity. I think it also sends a good signal to recruits, current members of the team, and even fans.

Too soon, IMO. Probably should have waited until after/during the 2020 season. 4-8, 4-5.

He still had 5+ years on his first contract, so I don’t think it’s realistic that this was needed to convince recruits he would be here.
Agreed.

Riley's contract extension ...... three years ago.

Couldn't the message be sent with a one year extension while also hedging our bets based on his results so far?

I agree that Frost will get this turned around. I also do think our results are likely affecting recruiting. I also don't think we should be so "all-in" on Frost. His accomplishments at UCF are great but with caveats. His results here give those caveats more merit. Choosing to double down when he still has 5 years left is concerning.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back