• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The "I'm with Scott" Narrative

After 21 games, do you still have confidence Scott will turn this program around

• Yes

Votes: 109 76.8%
  • No

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • I have my doubts

Votes: 28 19.7%

• Total voters
It’s the culture issues that have come as a surprise under Frost thus far. It’s not the tight ship I expected.

A culture of discipline as you described it manifests itself on the field in the form of solid fundamentals - tackling, holding blocks with consistent effort, setting the edge, minding the right gap, crisp route running, playing to the whistle, etc. In short, doing your job.

The fundamentals have been inconsistent, and that is a culture issue, not a “Frost needs his guys” issue.

I’m still with Frost, but he has a lot of learning and growing to do. I think next year could be messy again but 2021 is when we’ll start to see results.
I think we see results next year, 8-4ish results. 2021 will be fun, and just in time for this Okie to make a trip to Norman :Banana:

I'd like to know why you believe this. What do you base this conclusion on?
Faith yes, and I guess just my gut instinct? Next year will be one more year that Frost has had to instill his culture and rid the program of players that aren't pulling their weight. 2021 will be the year I think we move back into a consistent top 20-25 team (or higher) and I have no factual evidence to base that on, just what I believe. I could be very wrong.

Faith yes, and I guess just my gut instinct? Next year will be one more year that Frost has had to instill his culture and rid the program of players that aren't pulling their weight. 2021 will be the year I think we move back into a consistent top 20-25 team (or higher) and I have no factual evidence to base that on, just what I believe. I could be very wrong.
Fair enough. I like your honesty. I was orginally on a three year plan to be competitive again. Obviously off the mark. I think it will probably take three years after this one. The thing that frustrates me most right now is there's no discernable improvement. My faith is that there are things happening behind the scenes that we don't see that are going to change that around. I just hope it's soon.

From recent threads and discussions I've had with other posters on this forum it seems there is no middle ground: you either have to be blindly loyal to Frost or adamantly against him. Any mention of concern or doubt immediately gets you labeled as anti-Frost....

Last edited:

From recent threads and discussions I've had with other posters on this forum it seems there is no middle ground: you either have to be blindly loyal to Frost or adamantly against him. Any mention of concern or doubt immediately gets you labeled as anti-Frost....
519Tj3jzuBL._SX466_.jpg

You guys act like Frost has some magic elixir that will kick in any minute. If you can’t get a team to play hard coming off a bye week then you have to wonder. Frost is sharp and driven. But, he’s also young and still learning how to lead a team.

Ripping the current group as not being good enough doesn’t serve anyone but the coaching staff. Players In those crosshairs don’t feel the need to give maximum effort.

Last edited:
Or not showing enough outrage gets you labelled as accepting mediocrity...

Never all in or all out. I heard nothing but good things with Riley and that ended up being horrendous information/insight. Lesson learned. There are red flags with Scott but time to learn from mistakes, recruit, adjust things.

A more useful question is how long will a turnover take.

I think Scott will get it done - eventually. But the real question is how long that process takes, and how much patience the fans, boosters and AD have during the process. It's not a 2-season job. We could be looking at another 3-5 years before Nebraska football really gets to a place where we are consistently winning 8-10 games.

A more useful question is how long will a turnover take.

I think Scott will get it done - eventually. But the real question is how long that process takes, and how much patience the fans, boosters and AD have during the process. It's not a 2-season job. We could be looking at another 3-5 years before Nebraska football really gets to a place where we are consistently winning 8-10 games.
That post burned my eyeballs. But you're right.

GET TICKETS

Back