• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The "I'm with Scott" Narrative

After 21 games, do you still have confidence Scott will turn this program around

• Yes

Votes: 109 76.8%
  • No

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • I have my doubts

Votes: 28 19.7%

• Total voters
Ok, so what did we learn with this poll? The numbers worked out about as I expected.

What would be interesting to know is – for the 77% that voted "yes," how long would they remain supportive of Frost – regardless of the in-season record.

Barring something egregious and/or criminal, I don't think you could give Frost any less than 5 seasons. And I say that assuming that we're effectively "found bottom" right now. I say that because five years means:
  • The head coach has had enough time to completely turn over the roster
  • It allows proper time for walk-on programs and general year over year development to bear fruit – or not
  • Allows the head coach enough time to make schematic and or staff adjustments (not something easily done mid-season)
  • Allows enough time for the whole roster to learn schemes and playbook
For reference – Lovie Smith is in his 4th year at Illinois. PJ Fleck is in year three, but I can guaran-darn-tee you that Jerry Kill and Tracey Claeys were doing a much better job of watching the Gopher store than MR did over the past few years.

I assume Frost will get it done because I don't know enough to say he can't. But also, I would rather believe in him and be proven wrong, than be a naysayer from early on and then eat crow if he were to succeed. I've been that way since Callahan. I am on board with a coach until there are no more excuses. Couple that with the fact that we would not really have any other options unless and until Frost were to demonstrably fail, and I am 100% on board with Frost.

That said, this season has been a total waste and frustration. I do not want to watch the last three games and probably will only watch the Iowa game for lack of anything better to do. Good weather causes me to skip Husker games now. I've only watched night games this season and ones where it was raining out. Too bad. You could tell almost from the first snap of the season that this team was not right. Then I see Fleck and Minnesota and I am tempted to say we already know this won't work.

But the narrative is simply to sweet to give up on. If Frost were to lead this team to the promised land it would be one of the greatest stories in CFB history and I will be on the right side of it until I am certain he has failed. Sort of a Pascal's Wager type of thing, but I am 100% on board with Frost. GO BIG RED 2020!
That first paragraph makes a lot of sense.

GET TICKETS

Back