• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dr. Rob Zatechka

• Thread starter Deleted member 3570
  • Start date
Hey, you know what? Instead of throwing the "excuses" line around like you do in every other thread you hijack, why don't you tell us some legitimate ideas you have about how this thing could be better? Otherwise, your posts are just childish and maybe you should keep that crap in the Cafe.

Feel free to exit the wagon anytime.
I hear the waaabulace coming

i’m not a coach ... are you? I understand you’re a true fan and any opinions yes that all i have and guess what? That’s all you have super fan. I’m ok if you buy into the excuses. Has to make you feel better.

I coached football for about 25 years so I know a little. I don't anymore but have done it at the HS level. I guess if you think Dr Rob is throwing out some excuses than that is fine. I think he is looking at pretty realistically. They played terrible against Minnesota. Their is no getting around that. If you have listened to any of these Podcasts he has said all along that he thinks this is probably a 7-5 8-4 team. If they are lucky they could win 9. So I don't think he is making excuses.

Don't know, but I would think that OU would struggle somewhat to the grind. On a one off game I am sure they would be just fine. It is just talk while they are drinking beer. I think he has some decent insight, because he played, and he is very intelligent. He doesn't profess to having much inside knowledge of what is going on with the team. These are just his observations.
I gotcha. Was just curious.

Blame Riley ... Check
Takes time.... Check
Frost needs his own guys... check
Weather.... check
No passion... check
No discipline... check
7 weeks without a bye week... check

any excuses i left out?
no toughness
no walk-on program
no ownership
no facilities
ongoing coaching carousel

i’m not a coach ... are you? I understand you’re a true fan and any opinions yes that all i have and guess what? That’s all you have super fan. I’m ok if you buy into the excuses. Has to make you feel better.

I've never once claimed to be a "true fan". I don't even know what that is. I personally think you are just as much of a fan as I am. I just think you can act like a big child sometimes in here with your little jabs and one-liners.

You think Zatechka and other former players and coaches are dealing out excuses and not literal reasons? Okay then big guy, like I said, let's hear your plan for getting better. All you and few others do around here is bitch and whine about every little thing. My God it gets so old.

Last edited by a moderator:
I coached football for about 25 years so I know a little. I don't anymore but have done it at the HS level. I guess if you think Dr Rob is throwing out some excuses than that is fine. I think he is looking at pretty realistically. They played terrible against Minnesota. Their is no getting around that. If you have listened to any of these Podcasts he has said all along that he thinks this is probably a 7-5 8-4 team. If they are lucky they could win 9. So I don't think he is making excuses.
Well those that know me know that the post was more tongue in cheek. I just get tired of it take time. As i pointed out in another thread when new coaches come in and the team blows people up. Look no further than OU defense Or look at the younger players wisc has a new O line with redshirt freshmen and redshirt Sophomores snd they are blowing people up. Is development that bad?

Well those that know me know that the post was more tongue in cheek. I just get tired of it take time. As i pointed out in another thread when new coaches come in and the team blows people up. Look no further than OU defense Or look at the younger players wisc has a new O line with redshirt freshmen and redshirt Sophomores snd they are blowing people up. Is development that bad?

Yes, it was. That's what Rob and others have been trying to delicately point out.

I've never once claimed to be a "true fan". I don't even know what that is. I personally think you are just as much of a fan as I am. I just think you can act like a big child sometimes in here with your little jabs and one-liners.

You think Zatechka and other former players and coaches are dealing out excuses and not literal reasons? Okay then big guy, like I said, let's hear you plan for getting better. All you and few others do around here is bitch and whine about every little thing. My God it gets so old.
I don’t take anything serious in here It’s all opinion. Many i will read their experience and expertise and learn. Only time i bitch is when the game is on FS1 and the game before goes into overtime. Now the huskers winning or losing has no bearing on my life

I enjoy the game of football. We get to see roughly 12 minutes of action in the 3 hours in the stands or in front of the TV

i bought into the hype this year and so it’s a little concerning as that fan. It is a mess and it’s now HCSF team. I’m sure he will get a handle on it ... in time

i am childish Wife always asks What are you 2 then i cry and ask.. where is my pudding snack

Im curious about something. Does this mean if Oklahoma came into the BIG next year they would get run over because they have a Big 12 defense? I mean, why couldn’t Oklahoma make them adjust? Impose their will. More than one way to skin a cat is guess. I don’t know, I find it odd. Would Wisconsin get run off the field by Big 12 offenses if it were in the Big 12?

They would, the difference is an "explosive" Big 10 offenseis 30 points a game.

I hear the waaabulace* coming

Last edited:
Boy, I don't know. Pelini left us with an empty cupboard. Riley left us with a decimated mindset and a bunch of talent that went backwards in their progression. Not sure which is worse, but I suppose at this point it doesn't matter much. It's been 18 years of complete BS.
I get it.... I'll just say nothing was worse than what Pelini took over, and he took us from sub .500 to 9 wins in the first year. But when we fired Pelini every single player was pissed, then we hired a career .500 coach. Riley had a massive uphill climb psychologically. Whereas with Frost he got to take over for a team where guys like Foster, Farmer, Gifford, all those dudes that were the leaders wanted to win and knew there was a change needed. A welcome change.

It is what it is, you could convince me one way or the other i'm sure. But this whole "look how bad it was when we got here that's why we are where we are now" somewhat frustrates me. It was bad, not near as bad as we are trying to be convinced of to justify what's happening right now.

Last edited:

I don’t take anything serious in here It’s all opinion. Many i will read their experience and expertise and learn. Only time i bitch is when the game is on FS1 and the game before goes into overtime. Now the huskers winning or losing has no bearing on my life

I enjoy the game of football. We get to see roughly 12 minutes of action in the 3 hours in the stands or in front of the TV

i bought into the hype this year and so it’s a little concerning as that fan. It is a mess and it’s now HCSF team. I’m sure he will get a handle on it ... in time

i am childish Wife always asks What are you 2 then i cry and ask.. where is my pudding snack
OK man. No worries. I apologize. GBR

I would say yes and no to this. I think he had a big problem winning them over which is a bad situation. I think MR had better personnel over all though. I think MR dropped the ball on recruiting somewhat.
Agree there. Psychologically Riley was in a worst spot than Frost within the team. But he absolutely inherited better talent. Even though if we want to go down the rabbit hole of when people were saying Pelini left the cupboard bare for Riley we can ;)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back