• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dr. Rob Zatechka

• Thread starter Deleted member 3570
  • Start date
Just listened to most of it. What I got:

The cupboard is bare! We didn't know how bare it was till we got half way into Frost's first year!! Washington and Wandale are banged up because they are the most talented and are all we got. We had to rely on these guys.

There are allot of things the HCSF is doing that the previous 2 coaches didn't do. That takes 2-3 years to see the results. Culture trumps allot of things. Frost is trying to improve that.

NU has 421 offers out to prospective recruits (Husker 247). You get 1 yes out of every ~37 offers (Rob).

Rob doesn't have a issue with anything the coaches have done but more with the system that is installed. NU doesn't have a good zone running system. Almost all B1G teams do. E.g. a zone run blocking system tends to take care of the extra defender that the RB would otherwise have to juke around.

No FB/HB as lead blocker into a hole that most B1G teams and sometimes NFL uses.

Look at using a 4 man D front line.

Results of strength and conditioning take a couple years, sometimes 2-3 years to build into a program and see results.

Recruiting takes 2-3 years to see results. We need talent at tight end, at receivers, in the line, and we don't have that yet. It takes years to develop.

7 wins are still possible.

Our QBs need a feature RB and wideout. We haven't found one yet.

Last edited:

I get it.... I'll just say nothing was worse than what Pelini took over, and he took us from sub .500 to 9 wins in the first year. But when we fired Pelini every single player was pissed, then we hired a career .500 coach. Riley had a massive uphill climb psychologically. Whereas with Frost he got to take over for a team where guys like Foster, Farmer, Gifford, all those dudes that were the leaders wanted to win and knew there was a change needed. A welcome change.

It is what it is, you could convince me one way or the other i'm sure. But this whole "look how bad it was when we got here that's why we are where we are now" somewhat frustrates me. It was bad, not near as bad as we are trying to be convinced of to justify what's happening right now.

Pelini inherited far more talent than Frost did. Get your recruiting rankings out that you used to make a case that Frost inherited such a talented team ... or just look at the rosters. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Pelini inherited far more talent than Frost did. Get your recruiting rankings out that you used to make a case that Frost inherited such a talented team ... or just look at the rosters. :thumbsup:
Agree, and Riley inherited more talent than Frost. Not sure your point though, as Pelini inherited a much tougher situation than Frost.

Last edited:
What a terrible amount of talent to inherit.

Hell, most coaching changes, things are seriously screwed up when the new coach gets there. Improvement is all you should look for. Upward trajectory. Nebraska isn’t the only school whose coach inherited a big ol steaming pile.

What a terrible amount of talent to inherit.
Is someone claiming Pelini didn't inherit good talent? Tell that person they are a moron.

You said that Pelini inherited a bare cupboard.
You made a point to me that Frost has inherited so much talent.

Neither are true. That's my point.
LOL, you may want to go back and re-read. Or have another drink...
Even though if we want to go down the rabbit hole of when people were saying Pelini left the cupboard bare for Riley we can ;)

To your last statement, let me know where I stated "Frost inherited so much talent". I think you are confusing me saying our talent is better than what we are showing and twisting the words around to make an argument. You know... like you did in my example above that was completely false.

Cheers tho!

Last edited:

LOL, you may want to go back and re-read. Or have another drink...

To your last statement, let me know where I stated "Frost inherited so much talent". I think you are confusing me saying our talent is better than what we are showing and twisting the words around to make an argument. You know... like you did in my example above that was completely false.

Cheers tho!

I read what he said about Bo leaving the cupboard bare. I read what you said about nobody having it worse than Bo. And I replied with the enormous amount of talent that Bo Pelini inherited compared to the not so enormous amount of talent Scott Frost inherited. I don't really need to twist any words to make an argument.

And between us, it's pretty obvious which one is a lush so you can probably hold off on that comment.

I've never once claimed to be a "true fan". I don't even know what that is. I personally think you are just as much of a fan as I am. I just think you can act like a big child sometimes in here with your little jabs and one-liners.

You think Zatechka and other former players and coaches are dealing out excuses and not literal reasons? Okay then big guy, like I said, let's hear your plan for getting better. All you and few others do around here is bitch and whine about every little thing. My God it gets so old.
Right Here! This guy - I am a true fan. I say that tongue in cheek, but I have been a Husker fan my whole life, and after the last twenty, well, I'm still here - I am a TRUE fan!

Yes, it was. That's what Rob and others have been trying to delicately point out.
I think that you missed his point Red. I agree with you sometimes Pops seems to troll a bit, but I also understand that people are sick of the excuses.

Here is an excuse, which I have not heard so I'll say it now, we have a plan which we thought would work - it hasn't. we now need a new plan. Now the said new plan may be the same old plan, but it must look like a new plan or the natives will get restless. We are not a very patient fanbase. HCSF knows this - he has lived it. We are spoiled - at least anyone 40 years and older.

HCSF will get it sorted out or he will get sorted OUT. I believe he will - what else would a Nebraska fan believe (at least a true fan ;)

I read what he said about Bo leaving the cupboard bare. I read what you said about nobody having it worse than Bo. And I replied with the enormous amount of talent that Bo Pelini inherited compared to the not so enormous amount of talent Scott Frost inherited. I don't really need to twist any words to make an argument.

And between us, it's pretty obvious which one is a lush so you can probably hold off on that comment.
I was just hoping you were drinking with how you were comprehending. I was trying to help you out. Maybe you should drink more after hashing this out with you? I'll let you decide.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back