• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dr. Rob Zatechka

• Thread starter Deleted member 3570
  • Start date

He is just saying we basically have no depth at a lot of places. He is saying it will take a lot of time.

We don't have a true outside WR or a true every down back. We have slot receivers. We are trying to run the ball with 3rd down backs. Washington and Robinson are 3rd down backs. Which I completely agree with. I have already said a, couple of times since Saturday, every team we play has a RB that is 6' tall and is 215 and knows how to run zone read. Minnesota had 3 backs that looked like that. Wisconsin has 3 backs that look like that. Iowa has a couple. OSU has several. He said we don't run zone plays very well and basically most B1G teams do it fairly well. Last year we had 1 back, Ozigbo, that looked like that and ran the zone plays wells.

Defensively we have no depth at LB and it is showing.

He just believes it will take time. He thinks it will take 3-4 in the weight room to really compete he thinks they are stronger but still need more. Still behind somewhat from playing in the Big 12. Had a defense built to stop Big 12 offenses.
Thanks.

In my opinion, Dr. Rob is one of, if not the smartest guys to ever play at Nebraska. The link on the home page needs to be clicked by everyone on this board and listened to.

I don't think most Husker fans realize or comprehend how bad of shape this program as a whole was in at the end of the Riley era. Every time I hear people talk about how nice of a guy Mike Riley was, I cringe. The man is/was a complete fraud as a football coach. He had to be a nice guy because that was all he had going for him, and that's all I'm gonna say about that. :mad:

Click the link. Read it. Listen to it. Then calm down and have some patience.

I'll agree that things were bad... but Mike Riley took over a worse situation within the team than Scott Frost did.

Blame Riley ... Check
Takes time.... Check
Frost needs his own guys... check
Weather.... check
No passion... check
No discipline... check
7 weeks without a bye week... check

any excuses i left out?
Hey, you know what? Instead of throwing the "excuses" line around like you do in every other thread you hijack, why don't you tell us some legitimate ideas you have about how this thing could be better? Otherwise, your posts are just childish and maybe you should keep that crap in the Cafe.

Feel free to exit the wagon anytime.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'll agree that things were bad... but Mike Riley took over a worse situation within the team than Scott Frost did.
Boy, I don't know. Pelini left us with an empty cupboard. Riley left us with a decimated mindset and a bunch of talent that went backwards in their progression. Not sure which is worse, but I suppose at this point it doesn't matter much. It's been 18 years of complete BS.

Still behind somewhat from playing in the Big 12. Had a defense built to stop Big 12 offenses.
Im curious about something. Does this mean if Oklahoma came into the BIG next year they would get run over because they have a Big 12 defense? I mean, why couldn’t Oklahoma make them adjust? Impose their will. More than one way to skin a cat is guess. I don’t know, I find it odd. Would Wisconsin get run off the field by Big 12 offenses if it were in the Big 12?

Im curious about something. Does this mean if Oklahoma came into the BIG next year they would get run over because they have a Big 12 defense? I mean, why couldn’t Oklahoma make them adjust? Impose their will. More than one way to skin a cat is guess. I don’t know, I find it odd. Would Wisconsin get run off the field by Big 12 offenses if it were in the Big 12?

Don't know, but I would think that OU would struggle somewhat to the grind. On a one off game I am sure they would be just fine. It is just talk while they are drinking beer. I think he has some decent insight, because he played, and he is very intelligent. He doesn't profess to having much inside knowledge of what is going on with the team. These are just his observations.

Don't know, but I would think that OU would struggle somewhat to the grind. On a one off game I am sure they would be just fine. It is just talk while they are drinking beer. I think he has some decent insight, because he played, and he is very intelligent. He doesn't profess to having much inside knowledge of what is going on with the team. These are just his observations.
I agree. I think we all got b-slapped when we thought we'd waltz into the B1G and win conference championships right away.

I would say yes and no to this. I think he had a big problem winning them over which is a bad situation. I think MR had better personnel over all though. I think MR dropped the ball on recruiting somewhat.

Hey, you know what? Instead of throwing the "excuses" line around like you do in every other thread you hijack, why don't you tell us some legitimate ideas you have about how this thing could be better? Otherwise, your posts are just childish and maybe you should keep that crap in the Cafe.

Feel free to exit the wagon anytime.
i’m not a coach ... are you? I understand you’re a true fan and any opinions yes that all i have and guess what? That’s all you have super fan. I’m ok if you buy into the excuses. Has to make you feel better.

I agree. I think we all got b-slapped when we thought we'd waltz into the B1G and win conference championships right away.

Oh, definitely. I think most Nebraska fans on entering the B1G were thinking about Nebraska in 1997 vs. the B1G of 1997. The B1G is a much better conference now top to bottom than it was back then. Frankly, most conferences are better.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back